The Flooring Extension is a powerful design tool intended for quickly creating floor surfaces based on custom shapes, or outlining floor surfaces on top of a CAD or PDF drawing.
In an easy fashion, it also provides print views of both texture and schematic tile representations in the same print view, as well as 3D renderings of floors.
The Flooring Extension includes the following features:
- Supports the creation of user-defined patterns as well as flooring manufacturer standard patterns/installation methods used
- Comes with powerful tools to apply and edit products on large flooring surfaces
- Provides support for customized legends listing the content of surfaces or drawings
- Supports multiple manufacturer products in the same CET edition
- Allows designers to collect selected products in a Palette for quick and easy access
- Offers a search functionality within imported products
- Supports customizable, schematic representations of products for installation view purposes
Use the side links to learn more about the Flooring Extension!
- The Flooring Extension supports any tile size that is larger than 15 cm (approx. 5.9'') in each direction.
- There is a recommended limitation of 100.000 tiles on a single floor surface.
- Even though you can indeed start your flooring project from scratch, it is probably more likely that you import and draw on top of a CAD or PDF drawing.
- Unless you are actively creating or editing flooring surfaces in your drawing we recommend that you leave the Lock floors when Flooring tab is not selected checkbox ticked. Doing so will prevent interaction with flooring surfaces when you are on any other component tab than Flooring, thus preventing flooring surfaces from being moved or edited by accident.
- Being on the Flooring Extension tab in CET will activate two new View Modes, Flooring and Install, which give you full control when designing, editing and installing floors.
- Before you begin designing your Flooring project, start by choosing some products and adding them to the Palette. Review the palette to verify what you have there is sufficient. Otherwise, keep creating patterns or stamps as necessary.
- For easy access and a smoother workflow, the green Quick Properties box provides a fast and effective way of changing installation patterns and products as you work on your Flooring project.
- It is important that you finish defining your flooring surfaces completely before adding any products to them as all products will be removed from a flooring surface when it is modified. Such modifications include stretching, moving a side, slicing, or moving the origin point.