It is possible to add non-graphical line items to Calculations, including products from manufacturers that do not have an extension in CET. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Select Editable Articles from the Tools drop-down menu in CET.
- In the dialog box that opens, click the New button. Editable fields are now available for Article, Company, Category, Description, Quantity, List, and Buy.
- Type in the desired information in each of the fields below.
- To add information for more articles, click New again.
- To save all the articles to use again in future drawings, click the Save button. (You do not need to click Save for the items to stay in the current drawing.) To import a list of previously saved articles, click Open.
- When you are satisfied, close the dialog.
Thanks for this article! Is this intended to replace pick lists, or just an alternative to them?
Hi Amanda! This is not intended to replace Picklists, but rather a way to add items to Calculations that may not be available. Editable articles will add a custom line item without the need of placing the Picklist. Hope that helps!
Is it possible to link an editable article to a 3D object(s) brought in via a CAD drawing? To supplement manufacturers who have downloads on their website, but are not in CET yet.
Was anyone able to answer this question above? I am wondering the same thing. Thank you!
"Is it possible to link an editable article to a 3D object(s) brought in via a CAD drawing? To supplement manufacturers who have downloads on their website, but are not in CET yet."
But we do not have that feature in CET.
The closest we have in doing what you are suggesting is by adding using Specials or Picklists
Query Dialog & Making Specials – Configura Help Center
Catalogue Browser: Extra – Configura Help Center
Please sign in to leave a comment.