In the Extra section there are six options: Scheme Explorer, Picklist, Finish Legend, System Validation, Side Elevation View Area, and Project Information. They are presented further below:
Opens the Scheme Explorer dialog where you can apply finishes.
The Picklist tool lets you add a picklist to your drawing. Picklists will add information for products to your Calculations without showing the symbols in your drawing. Place the picklist in the 2D drawing view as you would place any other item. Then double-click the picklist to open the Picklist editor. Here, you can edit and change which products should be included in the Picklist. The Picklist editor can also be opened from the Catalogues window.
The Finish Legend shows an overview of all the material being used in the drawing. Simply click the Finish Legend tool in the Extra section and then click the legend in place in the drawing. When adding symbols to the drawing, the Finish legend is instantly updated. Note that this will only work after the material files have been downloaded.
If you have multiple summaries in the drawing, you can have them neatly arranged, all in straight line. To do so, select all summaries, then right-click and choose Arrange grouped legends from the context menu:
Upon right-clicking a finish summary, you also have the following options in the context menu:
- Update Finish Summary: Update the finish summary when there are any changes made in the symbols' properties.
- Reset Finish Summary: The same function as Update Finish Summary.
- Generate Material Swatches: Generates and displays the material swatches in 2D drawing area.
Generated material swatches
The System Validation dialog will highlight if there are any errors in the system.
Clicking a row in the System Validation dialog will move the 3D view to show the component in question with a colored box highlight around it; according to the validation color:
There are four different types of validations that you could come across:
|Error||Software error, need developer help!|
|Warning||You may proceed, but be careful!|
Clicking the icon will pop a dialog with more information.
Use the arrows at the bottom of the dialog to locate multiple instances of the same error.
Side Elevation View Area
The main purpose of the Side Elevation tool is that you can add elevations for use in presentation and installation drawings. To create an elevation, follow these steps:
- In the Extra section, select the Side elevation view area tool.
- Place the Elevation window in the drawing. Place the rectangle with three clicks around the symbol(s) you wish to see.
- The label will default to A, but you can change it to a different letter or give it another name entirely from the quick properties once it is placed.
- Use the snap points to reposition the box and the elevation symbol. Drag the elevation symbol around by the yellow snap point to show the desired view.
- To update an elevation, right click the elevation and select Update elevation.
In the Extra section, you find the Project information dialog. This dialog allows all the Data Fields to be edited in one location. Data fields are used in Paper View when creating templates, reports and installation plans.
Since this is a System Validation section under Catalog Browser, only two validations could be shown in the images below. (no need to explain all 4 types here)
- Clear descriptions of these 2 validations.
- The Info button each bringing up this:
- Incomplete Options dialog
Which shows the list of products that have incomplete Options.
- Catalogue Version dialog
Shows the products that have an old catalogue version, and shows the new version number.
Also shows a "Convert" button to convert individual products, or the "Convert all" button which updates all the products in the list to their updated catalogue versions.
- Incomplete Options dialog
- The next and previous buttons to cycle through components of the same validation. A validation have to be selected first.
Current image actually is somewhat outdated, as the validations are auto sorted from top to bottom as Error, Invalid, Warning, and Note.
I've triggered the outdated catalog warning through code, so can't really give instructions on reproducing it as a normal user.
Please sign in to leave a comment.