To place a column, follow these steps:
- Go to the Wall drawing tab and pick the Column tool.
- Move the cursor to the desired location in the drawing area. Use the properties box to change elevation, height, and thickness if necessary, and then click to place the column.
Click in a cell to edit its contents, or hit the Tab key to move to the next line.
- A new column is now attached to the cursor. Repeat Step 2 as many times as you need.
- Once you are finished, hit Esc on your keyboard, or move your cursor outside of the drawing area to escape the command.
After placement, you can select a column and change its properties in the quick properties box:
- Height: Distance from floor to top of column. You can also adjust the height in the 3D drawing view by clicking and dragging on the yellow stretch node on the top of the column.
- Thickness: Distance from one side of column to opposite side.
- Shape: Select various shapes of columns: Triangle, square, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon, or circular.
To create a rectangular column, simply use the regular Wall tool and customize width and depth.
- Elevation: Height from floor to bottom of column.
- Opacity type: Make columns solid, transparent, low, or have a custom opacity. "Default" refers to the Appearance selection from the top of the Walls component tab.
To make it easier to place a column in a specific location, set a help point first.