Selecting with a lasso
A simple way to select several objects at a time is by using the Lasso tool.
Follow these steps:
- Select the Lasso tool from the 2D toolbar.
- Move the cursor to the drawing area. Now you have two options:
- Click and hold the mouse button and move the cursor through the objects you wish to select (Figure A).
- Click and hold the mouse button and move the mouse pointer around the group of objects you wish to select (Figure B).
- Continue to select additional objects.
- When you are finished, hit Esc or move your cursor outside of the drawing view to end the command.
If you are using the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + middle mouse button/scroll wheel), the lasso tool disappears immediately. Continue using the shortcut to add other objects to your selection.
- The yellow snap points are now visible on all selected objects together with yellow or purple outlines.
Use the Lasso Calculation tool in the 2D toolbar to create an Article View from selected objects:
Follow Step 2 from the instructions above for lasso select. When you have released the mouse button, the Calculation will open with a new, filtered article view showing only the objects selected.