This is a suggested workflow for the rendering process.
- Create a new photo by clicking the New button at the bottom of the window in the Thumbnail area.
- Right-click the thumbnail and rename the photo. The photo name is displayed at the top of Photo Lab.
It is extremely important that you rename your thumbnails to preserve the completed rendering when you re-open the drawing. It will also make it easier to insert the correct photo in Paper View.
- Adjust the view of the image in the Preview area. Right-click to change the Perspective or Elevation. An un-rendered thumbnail and Preview will have an orange outline.
- Choose the desired Photograph setup setting. Settings that you are satisfied with can be saved as presets to either use again or to share with others.
- Once you have the photo set up, click the Preview or Render button at the bottom of the Photograph setup area. Clicking the Preview button generates a quick render of the photo to give you an idea of the final result, while the Render button generates a rendered photo using current settings in the Photograph Setup area. After clicking the Render button, it changes into a Cancel button and can be clicked to cancel a rendering in progress.
- The a preview of the rendering will occur in a separate window, the Render tasks list. The outline of the thumbnail and the Preview will turn blue. You can continue to work on other photos or close Photo Lab and return to the drawing. After the rendering is complete, the thumbnail and Preview area has a green border around it:
- Add Post processing effects as needed. If you wish to apply the same effects to other images you can saved as presets.
- Save or e-mail the rendering from the bottom-right corner under the Post processing section.
- For presentations, select the Fullscreen button in the upper right corner: