In Photo Lab, there are four main areas, as well as a menu bar. The main areas are:
The Menu bar
At the top of the Photo Lab window there is a menu bar with the following menus: File, Photo, Tools, and Help.
- File: Contains the standard options New, Open, Save as, and Save photo series, which is a set of thumbnails that can be inserted into new drawings with the same camera angles.
- Photo: Handle the selected thumbnail by rendering, saving, renaming, and more. You can also place photos in Paper view. All the options in the Photo drop-down are also accessible by right-clicking on a thumbnail.
- Tools: Render multiple (opens dialog to select which photos to render; open Render Tasks which shows the progress of all renderings; open Options to adjust settings for Alternatives, Image cache, and Preview.
- Help: Quickly link to the Support webpage and access articles, or contact our support team.
|Simple photograph setup||Advanced photograph setup|
The center part of the Photo lab window is the preview area for your photos.
- Photos with an orange frame can be edited. For example, you can zoom in or out, pan or stretch components and adjust settings in Photograph setup. Bear in mind that the image is a direct representation of your drawing. This means that if you remove a component from the image in Photo lab, you are also removing it from the 2D and 3D view drawing areas.
- Photos with a green frame have been rendered and are locked for editing in the preview. To make adjustments, you must click the Edit button in the top right corner of the photo which makes the photo editable. Remember that you have to render the image again after adjusting it. This also applies to previews, marked with blue frames, which means that a rendering is in progress.
- 2D / 3D / Edit / View / Fullscreen: These buttons are located in the top right corner of the preview area. Renderings in Edit mode (with the orange outline) can be viewed in 2D or 3D. For images that have been rendered you can switch back to edit mode by clicking Edit or 2D. Rendered images can also be viewed in fullscreen.
- Enable realtime lights: When this checkbox is selected, lights and shadows are instantly updated in edit mode when you make changes to the image or try out different settings. When enabled, this will affect both the preview area in Photo Lab, and the 3D drawing view.
Photo in Edit mode
Effects can be added over a rendered photo in the Post processing area after the rendering process is completed and the outline of the preview area and thumbnail have turned green. Post processing has two modes: Simple and Advanced.
|Simple post processing||Advanced post processing|
The first time you open Photo Lab in a drawing you will see your current 3D view, a menu bar, and a thumbnail area. In the thumbnail area, there is a New button that you will click to create your first photo. Now you will see the Photograph setup and Post processing areas appear on either side of the Preview area.
The New button for creating new thumbnails
You can click the New button several times to add new photos. All photos are displayed in film strip fashion in the thumbnails area at the bottom of the screen. Photos with an orange frame are in Edit mode, while photos with a green frame have been rendered and are in View mode. The photo that is currently selected has a white background. You can delete a photo by clicking it once and then pressing the Delete key on your keyboard.
The Thumbnails area