Use the Place image on wall component to add art or other images to a wall. You can also use the component without attaching it to a wall. The image will be visible in your 3D view. You can access the feature in the Accessories section on the Wall drawing component tab.
To place an image on a wall, follow these steps:
- Go to the Wall drawing component tab and click the Place image on wall icon.
- Move the cursor to the 2D or 3D drawing area. The component follows your cursor and will snap to the sides of walls.
- Click the image in place on a wall or anywhere.
- In the green properties box, set the size and elevation and add a frame if desired. The component will appear square but will adjust to the shape of the image once it is brought in.
- Double-click the component to open the File Explorer and find your image.
Image on Wall Properties
- Image Size: Change the image size from a preset list or click Edit to adjust the dimensions.
- Fill Shape: Choose how the image will be displayed in the image box.
- Orientation: Switch the image from Portrait to Landscape.
- Frame: Add a thin, thick, or custom width frame.
- Frame Width: Specify the width of the custom frame. (Option only available with the Custom frame selected)
- Frame Material: Decorate your frame with a preset of materials.
- Add Matting: Adds a border between the frame and the image.
- Matting Width: Specify the Matting width.
- Matting Material: Change the material of Matting.
- Switch Wall Side: Flip the image to the other side of the wall.
- Elevation: Adjust the height position of the image
- The Image on wall tool supports transparency for image formats that support this (.gif and .png). This could be useful for company logos, for example.
- Drag n’ dropping a supported image file directly onto the 3D view will automatically turn it into an Image on wall object.