Use the Place image on wall component to add an art or other images to a wall. You can also use the component without attaching it to a wall. The image will be visible in your 3D view. Access the feature in the Accessories section on the Wall drawing component tab.
To place an image on a wall, follow these steps:
- Go to the Wall drawing component tab and click the Place image on wall icon.
- Move the cursor to the 2D or 3D drawing area. The component follows your cursor and will snap to the sides of walls.
- Click the image in place on a wall or anywhere.
- In the green properties box, set the size and elevation and add a frame if desired. The component will appear square, but will adjust to the shape of the image once it is brought in.
- Double click the component to open the File Explorer and find your image.
- The Image on wall tool supports transparency for image formats that support this (.gif and .png). This could be useful for company logos, for example.
- Drag n’ dropping a supported image file directly onto the 3D view will automatically turn it into an Image on wall object.
Please sign in to leave a comment.