Base trim is a decorative element and is also essential in many spaces. Adding base trim in CET Designer is easy. Base trim can be applied to all walls in the Wall settings dialog found at the top of the Wall Drawing component tab, but can also be applied with different properties for individual walls.
Adding base trim to all walls
Setting base trim as a default for either all existing walls or only future walls can be controlled in Wall Settings. Follow these steps:
- On the Wall drawing tab, click the Wall settings button to bring up the dialog.
- Select the Wall base trim checkbox.
- Set the Trim height, Trim depth and Trim type of your choice.
- Close the dialog and draw your walls.
To apply only to walls that you bring in from here on out, choose the Only apply to future inserted components radio button at the bottom.
To apply to all walls, including existing and future inserted walls, choose Apply to all components in drawing.
Adding base trim to individual existing walls
If you want to add base trim to your existing walls, this is done by following these steps:
- Select a wall in either the 2D or 3D view. A properties box appears.
- Select the Wall base trim checkbox to add base trim.
- If you wish, you can also alter Trim type, Trim height and Trim depth.
- Repeat this step for each wall that should have base trim.
Once trim is inserted in the drawing, you can choose Trim type (style), height, and depth. These properties can be found in the Wall settings and will expand in the properties box for individual walls selected where Wall base trim is checked.
Left to right: Double spline, Cylindrical, Single spline, Rectangular