To draw a pilaster on a wall, go to the Wall drawing component tab.
Here you will find two different types of pilasters:
- Rectangular pilaster
- Trapezoid pilaster
To place a pilaster on an existing wall, follow these steps:
- Left-click and release one of the Pilaster shapes.
- Move the cursor into the drawing area. The pilaster snaps in line with the wall.
- At the desired position, left-click to place one side of the pilaster. Move your cursor to where the pilaster should end and left-click again. Alternately, click-and-drag to place the start and end points of the pilaster.
- Once you are finished, hit Esc on your keyboard, or move your cursor outside of the drawing area to escape the command.
Use the quick properties box during the animation to set values. Edit after placing the pilaster by selecting it in the drawing and dragging the stretch nodes or by setting values in the properties box.
- To make it easier to position a Pilaster, set a help point first.
- The quick properties box for pilasters supports the use of the four basic arithmetical operations, when the Distance Unit is set to a Metric option. This means that you could type in changes to the currently displayed value, for example +5, -2, *10, or /2, hit enter, and CET will then calculate the new measurement for you.