You may need to create Article Views that only have certain products for specific purposes. For example, at various points of your project, you may need to
- Order only one phase of your drawing
- Provide installers a list of components to install
- Show a view of just seating.
Use the Filter tab in View Settings to customize which lines are shown in a selected Article View.
To apply a filter, follow these steps:
- In the Calculation dialog, open the View settings dialog by clicking this icon on the tab representing the article view you wish to make settings for:
- Rename your Article View to describe what is contained in it.
- Click the Filter tab.
- Two sections are visible. The section on the left shows all columns by which you can filter. Common ways to filter are by Manufacturer, Catalog, Part Tags (TAG1, TAG 2, etc.), or Description.
- When you select an option on the left field, e.g. TAG 1, all values in that category will be displayed in the field to the right. Deselect the check boxes for the items you do not wish to include. At the top, you can un-check All and then only select the lines you want to include, which may be easier if there are fewer lines to include.