When you have finished your drawing, you can use Paper View to create installation documents. You can easily choose to print your entire drawing or parts of it, edit visibility, and also set the layout of the sheet.
Snip to Paper View
To transfer an entire drawing, or a part of a drawing while working in the regular 2D or 3D view, use the Snip to paper view tool:
Follow these steps:
- Click Snip to Paper View in the toolbar of either the 2D or 3D view.
- A blue frame is attached to the cursor. In the green properties box in the top left corner of the 2D/3D view, you can select the shape of the snippet:
- Click once with the left mouse button and start drawing the frame around the area that you wish to transfer to the Paper View. Click a second time.
- A separate Paper View window pops up. The paper that was most recently selected in Paper View will have the drawing view transferred to it. If there is no room left on the paper, the snippets are placed in the space surrounding it.
- If you want to place more frames, stay in the drawing view where a new, blue frame is attached to the cursor, and repeat step 3.
- When you are finished, press the Esc key or move the cursor off the drawing area to escape the command.