You can insert a CAD drawing on a paper in Paper View either by dragging and dropping a CAD file onto the paper, or through the CAD Settings:
To insert a CAD drawing on a paper, follow these steps:
- In Paper View, go to the Tools (paper) component tab and click the CAD Settings button. The CAD Settings dialog opens.
- At the bottom left, click the Import new button. The Windows Open dialog is displayed. Select your CAD file and click Open.
- The imported CAD file is now listed in the Not inserted section to the left.
- Adjust the CAD properties and CAD layers to the right, and click the Insert button when you are done.
- If the drawing is too big to fit the paper, you are asked if you want to fit the drawing to the paper. Reply Yes or No:
- The CAD drawing is now inserted on the paper:
which is also indicated in the CAD Settings dialog:
For more information about CAD Settings, see this article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.