Working in Paper View, you can include your drawing's 3D view in titleblocks or installation documents.
To import the 3D view into Paper View, use the the Viewport 3D tool found on the Tools (paper) component tab:
To use this tool, follow these steps:
- Select the paper where you want to insert the Viewport 3D.
- On the Tools (paper) component tab, click the Viewport 3D tool, shown above.
- Move the cursor to the active paper. A blue rectangle follows.
- Click once on to set the rectangle’s starting point.
- Move the cursor diagonally across the paper until the rectangle is of the desired size, or use the fields in the quick properties box to specify length and depth.
- Click again to finish the rectangle.
An alternative method to draw the rectangle is to hold the mouse button while selecting an area with the viewport tool and then release the cursor when the rectangle covers the desired area.
- A copy of your 3D view is now visible in the viewport:
If there are components selected in the drawing, they are the focus of the viewport. If no components are selected, an overall view is displayed.
- After placement, you can edit the view and the visibility of your viewport.
Please sign in to leave a comment.