This is what you can expect from Model Lab:
- Import multiple file formats
- “What you see is what you get” (WYSIWYG). No need to send files and then hope things will look good. If you have Model Lab you have control of how your models will appear in Configura’s software.
- Layer control
- Remove unwanted layers
- Rename layers
- Produce LODs
- Automatic LOD creation based on the size of the model
- Manually add or remove details in the model
- Transformation control
- Rescale models to their proper size
- Reposition models
- Reorient the model
- Repair normals
- Make model double-sided
- Weld vertices together to get a smoother look an increase performance
- Repair the uv-coordinates to get correct texture mapping
- Apply materials
- Use the Material Lab to create stunning materials for your model. Model Lab is explained further in another section
- Create a 2D-representation of your model in a single click
- Save time by preparing batches of models automatically using the Batch Converter
This is what Model Lab will not solve (yet):
- It is not supposed to be used to create models. Model Lab acts on already created models.
- Preserve texture mapping during mesh reduction. If your model is using a texture with a non -repeatable pattern this will be distorted during mesh reduction. To handle models with this property, you need to use a different tool. We can help you with this.
- Automatically remove invisible sub meshes (this is something we are working on)
- Export to external formats. May be implemented on request.
Please sign in to leave a comment.