These are the navigation features only present in the 2D view:
With the Zoom Rectangle tool you can enlarge a selection of a 2D drawing area. The zoom rectangle is useful when you want to zoom in on a very small detail. This feature is accessed from the toolbar above the 2D view. It is also found in the context menu when you right-click in the 2D view.
Follow these steps:
- Click Zoom Rectangle.
- Move the mouse pointer to the drawing area. A small, light blue rectangle follows.
- Click-and-drag the mouse button to draw a rectangle over the area you want to enlarge.
- Release the mouse button.
- The 2D view now shows the area inside the rectangle you drew. Repeat this procedure to obtain detailed close-ups.
- Once you are finished, hit Esc on your keyboard, or move your cursor outside of the drawing area to escape the command.
Zoom rectangle to popup view
With the Zoom rectangle to popup view tool you can select an area in the drawing area which will display in a popup window.
With this feature you can easily change a small detail in a drawing while you simultaneously get a general view of the whole drawing.
To zoom to a popup window, follow the steps below:
- Click the Zoom to popup view tool.
- Move the mouse pointer to the drawing area. A blue rectangle follows.
- Click-and-drag the mouse button to draw a rectangle over the area you want to send to the New View.
- Release the mouse button. A the area selected appears in a popup window.
- This New View, or popup view, functions the same as a regular drawing view, and can be toggled between 2D, 3D, or Paper View. The New View is in a separate window which can be moved onto a new screen.
- You also find the Zoom to popup window tool by right-clicking in the drawing area, or in the Views drop-down menu.
- Modifications made in the popup window will affect the drawing in the original view.
Show satellite zoom view
Show Satellite Zoom View opens a small preview of the entire 2D drawing area (a so-called satellite view). From here it is easy to zoom in on a desired object or group of objects. This feature is accessed
Follow these steps:
- Click Show Satellite Zoom View. The satellite view opens.
- A gray outline shows around the area currently in the 2D view. A blue rectangle appears at the mouse pointer. roll your scroll wheel forward and back to select the area you would like to zoom in on, and click.