In order for your Extension to be listed in the Filters view, verify that the Need supervisor approval checkbox has been selected on the Edit Extension page. If the checkbox is deselected, it means that the Extension is free for anyone to use, and including it in a filter wouldn’t make a difference.
The Filters view has two purposes:
- It is the place where you can input pre-approval for users and companies (email domains) to have access to your Extension(s) and products.
- It allows you to create filtered categories of different user groups with access to different Extensions or Channels. Filters could, for example, be based on geography, dealer type, sales authority, etc.
In the column on the right, you may see three color-coded categories: Filters (blue), Extensions (green), and Channels (red).
- Channels – channels are different key values that a developer can add when setting up an Extension. If a Supervisor then applies a certain Channel to a user, this controls what they have access to in the Extension. Channels can control elements in the graphical user interface, such as menus and tool bars, as well as product catalogues, price lists etc. Please note that if a Supervisor has applied a Channel, it does not have any effect until it has been programmed into the Extension.
- Extension – is a predefined channel that allows or denies access to a whole Extension without going into detail.
- Filter – is a group consisting of one or more Channels or Extensions.
To create a new filter, simply drag and drop Extension(s) and/or Channel(s) from the right column into the Create new filter box and follow the prompts. Note that green line items are Extensions while red line items are Channels.
To add a new user or email domain to a filter, enter an email address or email domain in the input field of the appropriate filter box. Press Enter and click the blue button below the field to confirm. Note that you can only enter one address or domain at a time and that email domains should not include the “@” symbol.
To remove a user or email domain from a filter, click on the removal X adjacent to their name. If they have an existing license, they will again be listed in the Requests view instead of being pre-approved. Note that this does not remove the license itself; it only removes their ability to access that filtered part of the Extension.