CET Developer version 1745 was released in November 2017.
Improved Workspace Update
- The Update-command has been rewritten to be much faster, and supports parallel download from Perforce.
- Operator now shows progress and download speed while updating a workspace
- You can queue updates for several workspaces (previously the "Update"-button was disabled while a workspace was updated)
- Parallel download is enabled by default when you create a new workspace
- The default workspace size is now much smaller than before because large parts of it has been made optional, and is only downloaded when you check the items under “Optional Source Data”.
- A "Check Out"-button has been added for checking out your changed files without getting others changes from server. The button previously named "Update" has been renamed to "Check Out and Update".
Performance Tests in Build Central
You can now check the "Show Performance Test"-box to automatically generate performance test items for your extensions.
The performance tests are run when “Building” a performance item, and you see the result both in the grid view and in the Build Info-tab below
Improved Workspace Editor
It’s now much easier to set up a workspace where you’re using branches with different names and want to get for example the main branch for folders that doesn’t have the other branch.
Translation Tool: Excel Import/Export
The Translation Tool can be used to export strings to be translated from your resource (.rs) and Catalogue (.xml)-files to Excel files (you need to have Excel installed for this to work). When the Excel-files have been translated, they can then be imported back into your .rs/.xml-files.
You can access these tools from the right click menu in Code Companion.
These are the changes since the previous official version. Some of these versions have been released as beta (so you got them if you enabled "Check for Beta updates" in Operator Setup) but most of them were built and tested internally only.
- Change how sync args are split up for the new optimized Perforce sync to avoid problem with getting wrong file revisions for sub labels
- Show changelist comments in checked out files for workspace in Operator
- Bugfix for submit changelist from right click menu in Operator
- Added custom.structural to Utility-extensions in Workspace Editor
- Bug fix for error list in Code Companion
- Added Resolve-command to right click menu of files in Operator
- Abort update if there are unresolved files in the workspace (to avoid reverting integrated files that has not been resolved yet)
- Give option to close all windows or minimize to tray when exiting with sub windows open
- "AdditionalMachineNameToListWorkspacesFor"-setting to allow listing your workspaces for a different machine name
- Workspace Editor: Better handling of Branch Selection Order
- Update now works with stream-workspaces
- Operator will now be minimized to task bar instead of exiting when closed if it has other windows (Build Central etc) open
- Misc bug fixes
- Create ticket from Test Assistant
- Parallel sync for workspaces default checked
- Fixes for snapper performance items
- Bug fix in WorkspaceInfo (when using escaped computername)
- Build Central: mark "not ready to run yet"-items as error if last run was error
- Workspace Editor: bug fixes related to escaped/blank host name
- Translation Tool: various bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed bug with checking emacsSettings.el in emacs settings not being saved
- Fixed margin-bug in workspace list view
- Safe-ups in "Find in Files"
- Added Shenzhen p4 server to list
- Workspace creator: hostname safe-up fix
- Workspace Creator:
- Better branch selection options and more
- Option to put all integrated files in same changelist (instead of one changelist per folder)
- Safe-up when workspaceCreatorData properies are null
- Operator: more compact workspace view
- Bug fixes to labeled sub folders in update
- Translation Tool: support for saving export settings + highlight files that contain the word "test"
- Workspace Creator: filter out unsupported characters from hostname
- Make sure the "Add Workspace"- and "Setup"-buttons are always shown, despite resolution
- Improved Translation Tool
- Now you don't have to select OFDAXML-file on import, and can import to multiple OFDAXML-files at the same time
- Path to target rs/xml file is written in export excel-file
- Bug fixes to OFDA Translation import
- Updated CETDL (license agreement)
- Bug fixes to new update code
- Greatly increased speed of update by bunching together multiple files for same commands
- Fixed problem with files not getting synced because Perforce thinks it has been modified locally (for example when it thinks you have changed encoding on local file even if you haven't)
- Workspace Editor: bug fixed missing items in core-branch-list
- Workspace Editor: speed up load by enabling local cache of WorkspaceCreatorData
- Extension Creator: new extensions now by default have dependency to cet.designer
- Allow custom program paths for emacs and cygwin
- Workspace creator: Utility extensions will use core label by default
- Optimized Update-action to use only one sync command
- Set tab spacing in p4diff to 8 (same as in emacs)
- Operator: Update/sync of workspace can now be queued
- Operator: Added tooltips to buttons and updated some of their labels
- Workspace creator: save optional subfolders (bugfix)
- Workspace creator: give warning for invalid character in core branch name
- Operator: changed min height of window to 480
- Build Central: Better e-mail when build is completed
- Change default VCVERSION from 10 to 14
- Merge from cetdev + performance stats in Build Central
- Option to send e-mail when a manual build is done
- Bugfix to ResetExtension i grid view
- When importing a template to workspace creator, the branch rows will now _not_ get automatically updated when changing core version
- Problem with removeCompilerSnapshotIfPresent in Build Central
- Selecting wrong cygwin (c:\cygwin\bin) even if the one under programfiles is present
- Safe-up for access violation
- Fixed dpi/resize-problem
- Optional source folders in workspace
- Support for parallel download and compression of workspaces
- Better workspace download status indicator
- Optional workspace sub folders and speed optimizations
- Export translations-dialog and vccompilers
- Better saving of dialog positions (separate positions for dialogs opened from emacs or code companion)
- Translation Tool improvements
- Separate taskbar icon for each feature and/or workspace
- Build central memory unload step 1
Please sign in to leave a comment.