CET Developer version 1816 is released in May 2018.
Upload of Extensions to Amazon
Build Central will now upload extensions directly to Amazon servers instead of to Configura's server in Sweden.
It will by default upload to the Amazon server closest to you based on which Perforce-server you're using, and developers outside Europe should now get a significant speed improvement when uploading extensions.
Note: The old upload method can still be used (by setting UploadToAWS=false in Build Settings) but this fallback will be removed later this year as the data center that hosts the server will be closed down.
New E-mail Settings in Build Central
- Test items now have a new attribute, "ExtraMailRecipientsOnError" that can be used when you want to specify a perforce user or e-mail that will always get e-mailed when the test fails, regardless of Build Settings
- Perforce usernames can now be used instead of e-mail addresses when specifying recipients in Build Settings
- New build setting "SendEmailToUserOnTestActionErrors" (default=False):
When this is setting and "SendMailToUserCausingError" is both True, e-mail will be sent to the developer who submitted a changelist that caused a test to fail. If this setting is False but "SendEmailToUserOnTestActionErrors" is True, e-mail will be sent to the developer who submitted only if an an extension build breaks, not when a test action fails
(Previous behaviour was that SendEmailToUserOnTestActionErrors=True caused e-mail to be sent both for broken extensions and for failed tests).
- New build setting "MailIgnoreRecipients"
You can add perforce usernames and/or e-mail addresses to this list if you _don't_ want them to get e-mails from the builder.
These are the changes since the previous official version. Some of these versions have been released as beta (so you got them if you enabled "Check for Beta updates" in Operator Setup) but most of them were built and tested internally only.
- Adjustments to installer script
- Show AWS region when uploading
- Build Central now uploads extension files directly to Amazon
- Make sure stack dump is printed to log on errors from test items in Build Central
- Escape '<' and '>' when opening cmlogs as HTML
- Build settings: you can now specify perforce usernames as e-mail recipients so you don't need to type full e-mail address for users that has perforce accounts
- Build settings: new setting "SendEmailToUserOnTestActionErrors" (default: false). If false, it will only send e-mail about broken changelist when extensions are broken, not when tests fail
- Build settings: new setting "MailIgnoreRecipients". A list of perforce usernames or e-mail addresses that will not get contacted even if they submit something that cause error.
- CustomBuildItem: you can now specify ExtraMailRecipientsOnError for a CustomBuildItem that will always get e-mail when it fails
- Build central: build items that is not time to run yet will have color based on the result when it was last run, instead of the orange grid
- Disabled Update-command for stream workspaces (by request from the stream-guys who want to handle their update manually)
- Fixed problem with labels in some cases getting reset to "Latest submitted" for all custom folders
- Fixed problem with perforce sync that can occur if there are overlapping sub labels for the label you're syncing to
- Fixed bug in Export Translations-dialog (checkbox values that wasn't applied on export)
- Minor visual fixes to workspace list view
- New version number format for CET Developer that follows CET Designer version numbering (displayed as "8.5 (1745.2)" instead of just "1745.2")