As described here, you can apply add-ons to your View Clips in Paper View.
In this article, we'll cover how to save your favorite add-on setup as a template for easy reuse and sharing.
Creating an Add-On Template
To create a template, follow these steps:
- Apply the add-ons that you want to use to your View Clip. To see which add-ons have been applied, you can select the View Clip and you will see thumbnails at the bottom left corner showing the applied add-ons.
- On the Tools (paper) component tab, click the Create template button:
- Move the cursor to the paper and let it snap to the View Clip. A blue arrow and frame are displayed:
- Click once. A dialog box for naming the template opens.
- Name the template and confirm with OK:
- Your template is saved and now shows in the dropdown menu (1) and in the quick access area (2):
Applying an Add-On Template
To apply a template, follow these steps:
- A) Select template in the My Templates dropdown menu and click the right arrow:
B) Click the desired template in the quick access area:
- Move the cursor to the paper and let it snap to the View Clip that you want to apply the template to. A green arrow and frame are displayed:
- Click once. The template is now applied to the View Clip.
Accessing the Add-On Templates Save Location
An add-on template is a reusable file, which means that it can be shared and reused among colleagues if placed in a shared location.
By default, they are saved locally on your computer in the folder Documents\CET Documents\View Clip Templates\. If you want to change save location, click this button:
This will open the Advanced tab of the Control Panel, where you can specify a different save location: