This is where you manage the catalogue’s product collection by creating, removing and editing the products within a catalogue. This is also where you specify the base price of the product.
Cells can be copied between products. If a whole row is selected and copied, the product, including all its data, will be copied.
To add a product to the spreadsheet, follow these steps:
- Select a field under the Code header and enter a unique part number.
- Use the arrow keys to move around or hit the TAB key to confirm the entry and go to the next column, or click in the requested cell.
- Enter a Description. Note that there will be one description column for each language that is active in the catalogue.
- Use the arrow keys or the TAB key until you reach the Price column, or click in the requested cell.
- There will be one price column for each unique pricelist code.
The following settings are also available to products:
- Pkg. Count: If package count is added to the product in catalogue creator, the quantity of the product in calculation dialog is counting the package instead of the product itself.
- Omit on order: is an option that alters a component in some way but that should not be visible in the calculation dialog or during export, for example adding graphics or applying a certain finish. So what it basically does is excludes specific items from the bill of material.
- Tag (Individual Tag): in CET Designer, switching view mode to TAGS will show a label for each component. The default tag for a component in the Catalogue Creator is the part number, but double-clicking the Ind. Tag cell lets you specify any label that you prefer.
- Area: shows the area of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Depth: shows the depth of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Height: shows the height of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Length: shows the length of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Volume: shows the volume of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Weight: shows the weight of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Width: shows the width of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Models: shows the linked graphic to that of the product.
- Material Applications: Shows the surface ids and materials linked to the product.
- Connectors: Shows the connectors linked to the product.
- Leadtime Program (s): enables different materials or finishes to have different lead times, according to the settings in the Project Directory.
- Categories: allows you to set one or multiple categories in which the component should be included. The categories found in the list are the default Categories of CET Designer as well as the ones specified in the Project Directory and are subsequently used as filters in the Calculation dialog.
- Features: lets you view and change which features are applied to the component.
- Product Parent: A new way of creating root product and child products – Simply create features that bring the root product to its child products using the Functional Sku number, then add the root product’s code in the Product Parent column.
To hide/show columns, go to the Visible Columns drop-down menu and select/deselect columns.
There is also a Find/Replace feature to find and/or replace content within large catalogues.
You can filter or sort any of the available columns. To do so, right-click on the header of each column.
- Show Product in ‘Geometry’: Right-click on product code to navigate to Geometry card.
- Reset Default Unit: Right-click on Dimensions column header to reset to default unit set in Project card.
- Default unit : mm/cm/dm/m/in/ft : Changing the unit of the dimension.
- Drag and drop :
- From window explorer to any empty columns: Accepts cm3D or cmSym formats and create entries in the product spreadsheet with the symbol file name as product code.
- From window explorer to existing model column: Accepts cm3D or cmSym format and replaces the existing model.