This is where you manage the catalogue’s product collection by creating, removing, and editing the products within a catalogue. This is also where you specify the base price of the product.
Cells can be copied between products. If a whole row is selected and copied, the product, including all its data, will be copied.
To add a product to the spreadsheet, follow these steps:
- Select a field under Code and enter a unique part number.
- Use the arrow keys to move around, or press the Tab key to confirm the entry and go to the next column. You can also simply left-click in the desired cell.
- Enter a Description. Note that there will be one description column for each language that is active in the catalogue.
- Use the arrow keys or the Tab key until you reach the Price column, or click in the desired cell.
- There will be one price column for each unique pricelist code.
The following settings are also available to products:
- Pkg. Count: Quantity of the product in the Calculation dialog will count the package instead of the product itself.
- Omit on order: Alters a component in some way that should not be visible in the Calculation dialog or during export. For example adding graphics or applying a certain finish. So what it basically does is excludes specific items from the bill of material.
- Omit Product Code: When this is checked, it will exclude the product code listed in printed orders.
- Disable Functional Lookup: The selected product will not lookup for generated product code.
- Tag (Individual Tag): In CET, switching to the TAGS View Mode will show a label for each component. The default tag for a component in the Catalogue Creator is the part number, but double-clicking the Ind. Tag cell lets you specify any label that you prefer.
- Area: shows the area of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Depth: shows the depth of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Height: shows the height of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Length: shows the length of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Volume: shows the volume of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Weight: shows the weight of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Width: shows the width of the product in the calculation dialog.
- Insert Elevation: Specify the elevation for a product during placement of the product. The measurement unit will follow the project's unit measurement.
- Models: Shows the graphic linked to the product.
- Material Applications: Shows the surface ids and materials linked to the product.
- Connectors: Shows the connectors linked to the product.
- Leadtime Program(s): Enables different materials or finishes to have different leadtimes, according to the settings in the Project Directory.
- Categories: Set one or multiple categories in which the component should be included. The categories found in the list are the default Categories of CET as well as ones specified in the Project Directory and are subsequently used as filters in the Calculation dialog.
- Features: View and change which features are applied to the component.
- Default Option: Enables a product to have a specific default option.
- Product Parent: A new way of creating root product and child products. Simply create features that bring the root product to its child products using the Functional Sku number, then add the root product’s code in the Product Parent column.
- Mirror Product: Sets another product within this Product Catalogue as the mirrored product using the generic mirror tool. Details
- Angle of Symmetry: The angle of symmetry of the product. Defaults to 90 degrees. Details
- Mirror Point X: The horizontal point where the resulting mirrored product is mirrored from. Details
- Mirror Point Y: The vertical point where the resulting mirrored product is mirrored from. Details
- Property Visibility: Hide or show all features under a product.
- Tag Placement: Where the tag of the product is placed. Defaults to Down.
To show or hide columns, go to the Visible Columns drop-down menu and select or deselect columns.
There is also a Find/Replace feature for content within large catalogues.
You can filter or sort any of the available columns. To do so, right-click on the header of each column.
- Show Product in ‘Geometry’: Right-click on product code to navigate to the Geometry card.
- Reset Default Unit: Right-click on the Dimensions column header to reset to default unit set in the Project card.
- Default unit : mm/cm/dm/m/in/ft : Change the unit of the dimension.
- Drag and drop :
- From Windows Explorer to any empty columns: Accepts cm3D or cmSym formats and creates entries in the product spreadsheet with the symbol file name as product code.
- From Windows Explorer to existing model column: Accepts cm3D or cmSym format and replaces the existing model.