The Additional Products feature offers the ability to add products under themselves as a reference symbol like features and options. This will enable you to configure and edit products with other various products from a data catalogue together, and save it as one datasymbol instead of individual ones. The interface of the Geometry tab of the Catalogue Creator, as well as the animation and quick properties, has been updated to house this new functionality.
Updates to the User Interface
Additional Products module tab in the Catalogue Creator:
This contains a list of all the products in the loaded data catalogue. From this module tab, you can drag-and-drop products into the product view:
You can also add products in the Products tab using the Additional Product(s) column by selecting products from a drop-down menu, similar to how the Features column is used:
Products are only placed under products and options. There are also restrictions for placing the same products together. For example, you cannot place AllInOneComputer under AllInOneComputer, or any of its options.
When adding a product to the product view and then clicking on a product reference, a new sub-window - Edit Additional Products - will appear where Edit Geometry is located. This will allow for customization for the selected product using the following properties:
- Description: a custom label field to name an additional product that can be specified in multiple languages. A reset button next to the field will set the name back to the original product description.
- Optional Select: toggle if the selected product is optional to have graphics and features appear or not in model space, otherwise, it will be forced to show.
- Anchor Point: Measure parameters can be applied to additional products. A drop-down menu is used to select a single anchor point when multiple measure parameters are applied.
- Offset: set the X, Y, and Z position of the selected product.
- Rotation: set the angular position of the selected product.
- Scale: scale the size the selected product in X, Y, and Z positions.
You can observe the customization changes in the 2D and 3D views of the Catalogue Creator:
Additional Products in space
Products with additional products in space will appear in the properties box under a captioned area called Additional Products. All additional products will appear in the area below the caption. A filter provides the option to display all, none or a specific additional product in the properties box. The filter will only be displayed when the data symbol is using additional products and will update when needed.
Additional products that have Optional Select enabled in the Edit Additional Products window will have a checkbox appear near the description name with the ability to toggle if the product is selected. Otherwise, no checkbox will appear if Optional Select is disabled.
If additional products have features and options, they will appear below the description of the additional product. You can select different material and model changes as normal for an additional product if it has any features/options.
When inserted into space, the model graphics will always appear for an additional product if optional select isn’t enabled; otherwise, the graphics won’t appear by default.
Additional products disabled
Additional products enabled
If additional products are placed under options, they will only appear once the option is selected in the properties, as shown below:
Please sign in to leave a comment.