There are several options how to create text in a drawing. If you only need to create a short text in a drawing, the easiest way is to add a label to the drawing. A label is a static text with reduced editing possibilities. There are no stretch nodes so it is easy to move without accidentally stretching.
Placing a label
Follow the steps below to insert a label in a drawing:
- Go to the Tools component tab and select the Label tool in the Image and Text section.
- Enter the desired short text and click the label in place in the 2D drawing area.
- Continue to place additional labels, changing the text before clicking each time.
- Once you are finished, hit Esc on your keyboard, or move your cursor outside of the drawing area to escape the command.
Editing a label
To edit the properties or the text of a label, Select the label in the drawing area. An properties box appears:
- Enter the text in the Short text input field.
- If necessary enter a value in the Elevation input field. This can be necessary if you for example place a label above a component.
- You can switch between different Text Styles that you create in the Style Editor.
Short text: Edit the existing text.
Elevation: Arrange order of 2D shapes in the drawing view.
2D Position: Show 2D shapes in front of or behind other objects in the 2D drawing view.
Text Style: Use drop-down to select a pre-defined style or click Edit to customize Font, Font Height, Font color, and more. Choose between different text styles that you create in the Style Editor.