The Edit Graphics Extension lets you create special objects in CET by manipulating standard symbols found in smart manufacturer Extensions, in ProjectSymbols, and other utility Extensions.
Frequently used commands let you stretch and shrink objects, delete elements of the symbol, or copy elements from one object and join them to another. You can even use the "Replace graphics" tool to combine the properties of one symbol with the graphics of another, such as an AutoCAD or SketchUp symbol. The Edit Graphics Extension will help you to create complete and accurate quotes and renderings for full project specification.
The Edit Graphics Extension is available on the Marketplace.
After downloading and installing the Extension, you'll have two new component tabs in CET:
- Edit Graphics (Symbols) - For editing entire components
- Edit Graphics (Meshes) - For editing parts of components
A mesh, in short, is a graphical element. (For advanced users, this is a group of polygons.) Meshes vary in size and shape. For example, for a table, the top can make up one mesh, while a table leg makes up another mesh. In Edit Graphics, some operations can be performed on whole components while other operations are performed on mesh level.
As with CET in general, you can reduce your time and effort by saving edited components as favorites and later insert them in your drawings.
To save a component as a favorite, follow these steps:
- Right-click the relevant component in the drawing area and select Save as favorite from the context menu. The dialog box Save Favorite opens.
- Type in a file name in the empty field at the bottom of the dialog box and then click the Save button.
To insert a saved favorite, follow these steps:
- Right-click in the drawing area and select Insert favorite from the context menu. The dialog box Insert Favorite opens.
- Browse to find the favorite.
- Click the favorite to select it.
- Click the Open button. The favorite is now attached to the mouse pointer.
- Move the mouse pointer to the drawing area.
- Click once to place the favorite in the drawing area.
Once you have edited a symbol you will need to modify the product information. Right click on the modified symbol and use the Query tool Make special. You can also edit the tag from the Calculation.