Built into the Essential Deep Racking Extension are a few tools to help you organize information and create printable material. These tools give you the ability to add/edit legends, create elevations, and export Excel reports.
The Legend tool creates a table containing row, dimension, location, and quantity information. This table can be lightly edited to reflect different attributes and styles with the Quick Property Box.
To add a Legend to your project, follow these steps:
- Click the Legend button
- Move the cursor to the 2D drawing
- Click to place the legend
- Review the Quick Property Box
- Make edits as needed
Row - the Row names can be seen and modified within the Layout View Mode
Unit Load Dimensions - This is the Load Length x Load Width x Load Height
Loc - This is the Location information for each load:
Loc in X is the number of specific unit load per row level
Loc in Y is the number of levels containing that specific unit load
Loc in Z is the number of unit loads deep
For example, here is one row with four bays, each bay containing three levels of one type of unit load, four loads deep.
The Elevation tool will create an elevation based on the
To add an Elevation to your project, follow these steps:
- Click the Elevation button in the Tools component
- Locate the product for the elevation view
- Click next to the product in 2D to activate the selection box
- Use the selection box to capture the side/angle of product
- Make sure the arrow is pointing in the direction you want the elevation view
- Double click the elevation arrow to view
- Use the Elevation View window to markup, add dimensions, and print
The Elevation Views window will display all your elevation views and allows you to rename, markup, add dimensions, and print.
- The elevation views in your drawing are listed here. Click the pencil to rename the view.
- The elevation view will display in this area.
- The elevation view can be edited with the tools in this tool bar.
Equipment & Locations
Equipment and Locations both provide Excel files of information gathered from your drawing.
Equipment provides a bill of materials and product specifications for all the product in your project.
Locations provides the row, description, dimension, location, and quantity of the products. This is also the information found in the Legend.