Reference this article to help you plan efficient solutions for your deep racking project.
Before you start, make sure you have reviewed your project's scope requirements and created/updated product by using the editors in the Settings section.
It will be much easier to add products that are already correctly specified. Although we do have editing tools available, these tools work best for quick scope changes and small scale projects.
Main Components Tools
Review this table to get a clear and simple summary of the Main Component tools and their respective functions.
|Row||Use to add rows and aisles based on the selected Pre Configuration|
|Unit Load||Use to update an existing unit load with the selected unit load in the Unit Load Editor|
|Rotate Row||Use to rotate a specific/selected row exactly 180°|
Use Row to Add Deep Racks to Drawing
To use the Row tool, follow the steps below:
- Click the Row tool in Main Components to activate
- Move the cursor to the drawing
- Click once to set the starting point
- Drag the cursor to create the needed number of bays
- Move the cursor up/down to create the row at an angle
- Click again and drag the cursor away to create aisles
- Add the desired number of aisles
- Click again to place the rows
Use the Row tool to add deep racks to your project
Quick Property Box
The green Quick Property box provides a fast and effective way of changing products as you work. This box will appear once you select a tool from and click on an object in your drawing.
Press tab on your keyboard to toggle/update the different values.
If you're interested in adding Protectors, check out our Adding Accessories article!
Collision Detection is a built-in feature that detects an architectural structure, such as a pillar or wall, and automatically creates an open space within the racking row. When a structure is detected, the box acting as a placeholder for the rack will turn red.
Collision Detection is an efficient tool when planning with structural elements
Use Rotate Row to Rotate 180° in Place
To use the Rotate Row tool, follow the steps below:
- Click the Rotate Row tool in Main Components to activate
- Move the cursor to the drawing
- Select the row you would like to rotate
- Select the rotate arrows to rotate 180°
Rows will rotate in place; you will not see them make a circular motion.
Image demonstrates the a 180° rotation of a row with a slight angle
Spread Tools for Quick Editing
These Spread Tools can be used to quickly edit and manipulate the racks in your project, saving time and increasing efficiency.
Review this table to get a clear and simple summary of the Spread Tools and their respective functions.
|Pick-up Row||Use to copy and paste (replace) the settings from one entire rack/row to another|
|Pick-up Bay||Use to copy and paste (replace) the settings from one bay to another|
|Pick-up Level||Use to copy and paste (replace) the settings from one level to another|
|Pick-up Frame||Use to copy and paste (replace) the settings from one frame to another|
|Use to copy and paste (replace) the settings from one unit load to another|
To use these tools, follow these steps:
- Determine which product of the rack you want to replace
- Click the icon to activate "picking up"
- For example, to edit/replace just the bay, you would click "Pick-up Bay"
- Click on the product in your drawing that you want to copy
- Use the Quick Property Box to select the Configs and Spread
- Click on an area to update paste/replace
Use Spread Tools for quick and efficient editing