CET Kitchen & Bath (Nobia Users Only)
- Fixed problem with the Print dialog that could cause automatically created Elevation views to become misaligned within their pages.
CET Material Handling
- Fixed problem with Essential Pallet Racking that would cause elevation arrows to go missing when loading a drawing saved in an older version of CET. This also triggered a warning about missing/outdated Extensions.
CET 13.5 Major: November 21, 2022
All Editions News and Changes
It is finally here! We are excited to announce that CET now supports creating and sharing Templates!
Templates will let you:
- Save the settings you want to use to start your projects
- Automatically load a default template when you start CET
- Protect against mistakenly overwriting existing templates
For more information about Templates, click here.
A new setting has been added to the Control Panel that lets you control which Extensions will immediately load their data during the CET start-up.
Extensions not set to start immediately with CET will still be available for you to use, but will only load their data when you first visit their Component Tab.
This will cut down on the required time for CET to start while leaving you in control and keeping all data available.
Tabs that have not yet loaded their data will have a small dot added to their Component Tab. Clicking the tab will ask CET to load their data and may take longer to load on the first visit.
For more information about Extension Startup, click here.
We have added new members to our Characters Extension to help support designs for schools, hospitals, laboratories, and similar:
- Pre-school and teenage children
- Adults with laboratory clothing and relevant accessories
- Various poses for new characters
- Supports existing and new seated poses on a wheelchair
For more information about the Characters Extension, click here.
- RevLink now supports Revit 2023.We are also taking the opportunity to give the Extension and Revit plug-in a minor face lift with more modern icons.
- The CET Clean Start dialog now offers more detailed controls for dealing with saved preferences. To achieve this, we have replaced the old Clear preferences button with a new Clear/Reset CET... dialog that lets you pick which data to keep and which to clear.
- The Photo Lab Post processing section now has a new tool for removing noise (pixel graininess) from your rendered images. The Denoising feature is turned on by default.
News and Changes
Essential Kitchen EU is a new design tool for creating generic kitchens and breakroom areas to include in your drawing.
While this Extension is based on EU design standards and principles, access is not restricted based on where in the world you are located. It is free for everyone to use if you think it will look great in your project!
This Extension will initially be made available to all CET Kitchen & Bath users.
For more information about the Essential Kitchen EU Extension, click here.
News and Changes
The free version of CollabPro will allow up to two users to work on the same drawing at the same time by letting you divide it into separate sections.
Each section can only be edited by one user at a time, but everyone can load as many sections as they wish, in a read-only mode, to get the whole picture and see what their colleagues are working on.
Our plan for this Extension is to be available in a couple of different versions including this free version, plus additional paid tiers with differences in:
- Amount of included cloud storage space
- Access to additional functionality
- Number of people allowed to work simultaneously on a project
This Extension will initially be made available to CET Material Handling users, with availability expanding to CET Commercial Interiors and CET Kitchen & Bath users at a later date.
For more information about the CollabPro free version Extension, click here.
Several exciting features have been added to the Pallet Racking Extension for CET Material Handling users. Check out this list of new additions below!
- Frame editor
- Collision detection and avoidance
- Ability to add name plates
- Bolts options
- Flue spacer in pre-configurator
- Preselect bracing colors
- Japanese unit standards
For more information about Pallet Racking, click here.
Fixes & Enhancements
- When starting CET by double clicking on a drawing file, you will no longer also get an empty “Drawing 1” if you have multiple drawings enabled.
- A new setting has been added to the Control Panel allowing you to enable/disable the option to Rotate from any snap point. Please note that this function is enabled by default.
- We are implementing several changes to help reduce confusion when working with saved Schemes:
- Changed the default target locations when performing the 'Save as…' and 'Open…' actions. To help avoid mix-ups, these actions will now always default to the relevant Extension folder.
- The Schemes Explorer will now display a chain icon on the scheme button to indicate if a scheme is embedded in your current drawing.
- A button has been added to the Scheme Explorer for quick access to the folder containing your schemes.
- The file extension for Scheme Libraries has been changed from .cmschemes to .cmschemezip to make it easier to tell the difference between Scheme Files and Scheme Libraries.
To further make recognizing which Schemes go with which Extension easier, they will now be named like this: YourFileName.SchemeGroupName.ExtensionName.cmscheme
- The Scheme Manager should no longer risk temporarily freezing CET when switching tabs with the model preview enabled.
- Improved performance when entering Block edit mode from the Blocks dialog; CET is not allowed to spend time on philosophical ponderings at this point either.
- CET has reduced patience when waiting for disconnected printers to respond when creating a new drawing. Any printer taking more than 5 seconds to respond will not be available until the next time CET is started (down from ~20 seconds wait per printer each time).
- Added an option to older and outdated clean start dialogs to allow them to be updated without reinstalling CET.
- Fixed problem with the Schemes application that could cause a crash in special cases.
- Fixed problem with View Clips that could cause a crash when stretching a view clip.
- Fixed problem with updates that could cause CET to get stuck at 60% progress if the user’s Windows username contained Chinese characters.
- Fixed problem with the Work mode editor that could cause its settings to also disappear from the Control Panel when hidden from the main interface.
- Fixed problem with Calculation and the price preview that could cause CET to periodically freeze up if it took too long to update the preview value.
- Fixed problem with Calculation and display of Quantity numbers reaching or exceeding one million that would cause the number to switch to a scientific-type display. The count would still be correct, just difficult to understand.
- Fixed problem with export to SketchUp that could cause transparent materials such as window glass to turn a solid black.
- Fixed problem with export to SketchUp that could cause light sources to turn black.
- Fixed problem with export to SketchUp that could cause mesh-type materials to be incorrectly scaled.
- Fixed problem with export to SketchUp that could cause filter settings to not always apply correctly to DWG objects.
- Fixed problem with SketchUp export that could sometimes cause the export to take an excessive amount of time and result in huge files.
- Fixed problem with imported SketchUp objects that could cause them to be automatically reduced the next time the drawing was opened.
- Fixed problem with SketchUp objects that could cause them to become invisible in 2D when placed inside of a Block that is then inserted as a saved Favorite.
- Increased minimum allowed size for the Material Explorer dialog to ensure all controls can fit.
- Fixed problem with the Material Explorer and 'Show only PBR materials' that would cause empty material categories to still appear in the list.
- Fixed a problem with the Material Explorer that would cause texts to not fit in some buttons for some languages.
- Fixed problem with the Material Lab that could cause materials to appear mirrored in the material thumbnails.
- Fixed problem with the Material Lab and creating materials from .bmp images that could cause several UI issues.
- Fixed problem with some materials that could cause them not to remain applied when re-opening the drawing.
- Fixed problem with the brown brick and green marble materials that could cause CET to display a warning about wanting to resize image files that are too large.
- Fixed problem with metallic-type materials and opaque textures that could cause materials to be too dark.
- Fixed problem with View Clips and multiple Alternatives that could cause View Clips to go blank when an Alternative was deleted.
- Fixed problem with paper thumbnails that could cause them to get misaligned.
- Fixed problem with the Paper Manager that could cause papers to be rearranged when rapidly selecting different papers, even though no drag action has been performed.
- Fixed problem with the Collaboration Extension and Paper Sections in View only mode that could make it possible to rearrange papers.
- Fixed problem with Edit Graphics that could cause edited objects to behave inconsistently in the 2D and Paper Views after re-opening the drawing.
- Fixed problem with RevLink that would cause materials to not show up in Revit if your CET settings were based on a locale using a comma as a decimal separator.
- Fixed problem with Stairs that could cause stringers to bug out.
- Fixed problem with Stairs that could disable the Safety Cage property when reloading a drawing or Section.
- Fixed problem with objects placed at the edge of Levels that could cause them to be classified as belonging to the Base level rather than the level they were placed on.
- Fixed problem with Catalogue Schemes that could incorrectly trigger an error message about unloadable schemes due to the Catalogue Creator Extension not being present.
- Fixed problem with the Photo Lab that could cause Zoom in all objects to zoom based on objects not visible in 3D, leading to CET zooming out too far.
- Fixed problem with the Render Server that could cause failed render jobs to not correctly transfer to a different available server.
- Fixed problem with Undo that would prevent it from undoing all object movement stemming from the use of the arrow keys, causing it to undo all but one of the moves.
- Fixed problem with Part Tags and Undo that would prevent tags from reapplying when an object is moved back inside a Part Tag rectangle.
- Fixed problem that could cause some Property boxes to apply input as it was added instead of once the user finished.
- Fixed problem with Property boxes that could sometimes add an extra 1 at the start of a number being typed in.
- Fixed problem with Properties containing scrollable contents that could cause the contents to be misaligned.
- Fixed problem with saving that could cause CET to open a drawing recovery dialog if the save was manually cancelled.
- Fixed problem with Copy/Paste and Blocks that would cause Blocks copied over to a different drawing to not properly retain their name.