Categories are a way to classify products and are used by CET when filtering by classification. This area allows for the creation and manipulation of categories. For information on assigning categories to products, see the Products Spreadsheet section. Internally, categories are referred to as classifications. More information on categories may be found on the Classifications page.
- Top-Level Category: Top-level categories cannot be created or removed. They are generated by CET and any extensions that are active at the time. Select a category from this list to edit, create, or remove subcategories from that category.
- Sub-Level Category: Sub-level categories exist on top-level categories. Use this drop-down to select an existing sub-level category on the currently selected top-level category.
- Create Sub-Category: Create a new sub-level category under the selected top-level category and select it for editing.
- Remove Sub-Category: Remove the currently selected category from the selected top-level category. Note that only categories created in the creator can be removed; sub-categories provided by CET or one of the active extensions are permanent.
- Code: A semi-unique identifier for the category. The code must only be unique to the top-level category it exists under. If the user attempts to enter a code that is in use by another sub-level category under the same top-level category, characters will be added to make the code unique, before committing the change.
- Description: A human-readable description of the category. It can be specified in multiple languages.
Adding custom top-level categories
Enable Categorization dialog through the Tools menu bar, click the + button to add a new category.
Continue to add sub-category if you want, by clicking on the + button.
The customized categories will be added to Catalogue Creator’s categories in Project card, sub-level category can also be added through Catalogue Creator.
The customized categories will appear in the Products card’s Categories for selection.