This area allows for the creation and manipulation of price lists. For information on assigning prices to price lists, see the Products Spreadsheet, Product Catalogues, and Options sections. For general information on price lists, see the Price Lists page.
- Price List Selection: Select a price list to work with from this drop-down menu.
- New Price List: Create a new price list and select it for editing.
- Remove Price List: Remove the selected price list from the project. If another price list uses the selected price list’s code as a lookup, that price list will have it’s lookup code reset to default. When this happens, a message will be presented to the user.
- Code: A unique identifier for the price list. If the user attempts to enter a code that is in use by another price list, characters will be added to make the code unique, before committing the change.
- Lookup Code: Optionally set a lookup code for the price list. Lookup codes can only be set to codes of existing price lists.
- Description: A human-readable description of the price list. It can be specified in multiple languages.
- Currency: Specify the currency used by the price list. Changing this will update the Currency Preview.
- Currency Rounding: Specify the degree of rounding used by the price list. Positive values round prices to their fractional units, and negative values round prices to their whole units. Changing this will update the Currency Preview.
- Currency Preview: A preview of how prices will appear when presented to a user.
- Exchange Rate \ Multiplier: Sets a price multiplier for the price list. When calculating final prices, all prices assigned to the selected price list will be multiplied by this value.
- Effective Date: Sets an effective date for a price list. Note that an effective date is optional, and can be enabled or disabled by checking or unchecking the checkbox.
- Expiration Date: Sets an expiration date for a price list. Note that an expiration date is optional, and can be enabled or disabled by checking or unchecking the checkbox.
- Clone: Allows the user to clone any existing price list and make manipulations on it.
The implied values of the currency previews are always 12345.6789 and -12345.6789, regardless of how they are being rounded. The example of how rounding works are shown in this table :
Make use of Round Negative Opposite together with Round Up or Round Down to determine how a negative price would work.