The best procedure is to name and save your drawing from the start by selecting Save As. When you have created the drawing, you only need to click Save occasionally while you work and when you are finished.
Before you begin drawing, it is recommended to choose Save As. This would also be used for times when you would like to save your drawing under a different name.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the File menu and select Save As. The Save Drawing dialog box opens:
- Browse for the location where you wish to save your drawing. You can sort your files by date or name in the top right corner:
The Sort by Date option will only appear while the list is sorted by name; the Sort by Name option will only show while the list is sorted by date.
- You can also choose how to view your files by clicking Choose view in the top right corner:
- Name/rename the drawing in the File name field.
- Click the Save button. The file will be saved in the .cmdrw file format.
How to display drawings in the Save Drawing dialog
You can choose how to display your drawings in the Save Drawing dialog box. The following options can be selected:
- Sort files by name – You can choose to order the files by name. This button is only visible when the files are ordered by date, see #1 below.
- Sort files by date – You can choose to order the files by date. This button is only visible when the files are ordered by name.
- Choose view – You can choose how to view your favorites. Click the button in the top right corner and choose desired option in the drop down menu, see #2 below.
View alternatives in the Save as dialog