About the Bay Editor
The Bay Editor is used to predetermine the bay properties before placing products in the drawing. The benefits of using the Bay Editor include:
- Ability to customize and edit bay properties
- Apply updated bay properties directly in the drawing
- Save and load reusable templates
A bay is a set of stacked compartments between two uprights. A compartment is a space where pallets are stored and consists of the horizontal (beam) and vertical (upright) components.
Using the Bay Editor
To open, click Bay Editor in the Settings component section.
- The Save button will save just the selected bay type. If you have multiple bay types, you will need to save each one individually. Because these files are saved locally, they can be moved or shared. The Load button will allow you to browse for a previously saved bay style. A loaded file is listed in the Types of Bay area.
Types of Bay lists your loaded bay type and drawing bay type. Selecting a bay type will preview it in the editing window.
- The button will add a new default bay type.
- The button will refresh the Bay Editor.
- There are three properties tabs: Size, Level, and Accessory.
- The Editing Window is the area to make the changes to the selected bay type.
- The View Mode button on the bottom left allows you to select a view mode. Normal shows all components, Unit View allows you to select individual unit loads, and Unloaded view shows the bay without any units.
5. The Bay tool activates the selected bay type to be applied to a rack inside the drawing. Clicking on the Bay tool will temporarily close the Bay Editor. Press the ESC button on your keyboard to end the command and return to the Bay Editor window.
6. The 2D/3D button allows you to toggle between a 2D and 3D view of the selected Bay.
Creating a New Bay Type
To create a new bay type, follow these steps:
- Add a new bay type under Types of Bay.
- Click the button to add an automated default bay.
- Click the button to copy an existing bay type.
- Enter the name or rename the bay type with the button.
- Bay types can be renamed at any time!
- Use the Size, Level, and Accessories tab to add/edit properties.
- Save the bay type, if desired.
Applying a Bay Type
To apply a bay type to existing racks inside your drawing, follow these steps:
- Open the Bay Editor.
- If necessary, Load a bay type.
- Select the bay type to be applied.
- Click the Bay button.
- Select the desired bays to update.