These pre-release notes are still due for final layouting, spell-/grammar checks, and possibly rewording some parts. Although the main contents should not change, these notes are not yet fit for distributing to all users.
News & Changes
- The Photo Lab now supports saving multiple rendered photos at the same time.
- When saving a rendered photo, CET will now suggest a file name based on the name of the photo.
- You can now also easily rearrange your photos by grabbing and dragging them left or right in the thumbnail list.
- The Temperature slider for Post processing now offers more dynamic realistic results. An option for automatic adjustment of temperature has also been added.
- All materials in CET and the Material Pack Extension have been converted to support Physically Based Rendering (PBR), for more realistic rendering results.
- The Batch Material Converter now supports converting materials to PBR, and a button for this has been added to the Material Lab as well.
- The RevLink Extension now supports Revit 2022.
- We have updated the icon for Blocks to follow a more modern look and style.
- Frozen architectural doors now show their swing arc instead of just being reduced to a square.
- It is now possible to set up a keyboard shortcut for the Line tool.
Fixes and enhancements
- Further improved performance for the Scheme Manager and the Apply to all option, as a continuation of the improvements first implemented in 12.0 patch 1.
- Improved speed for copying and pasting of objects.
- Improved 3D performance for very large drawings (10 000+) objects.
- Improved performance when editing levels; CET should no longer appear to freeze up in some situations. This also addresses issues with unnecessarily large memory usage in those same situations.
- Fixed issue with Carpets and Coverings that could cause a crash when continuously deleting points from a carpet.
- Added a warning message for DisplayLink-based USB docks, as these can force CET to switch to Software mode. The warning message also has a link to a support page offering possible solutions for this type of problem.
- Fixed problem with the Movement Aid tool that could cause its property box to show up centered at the top of the 2D view, rather than staying at the location of the main property box.
- Fixed problem with the Scheme dialog that could cause contents to flicker each time a new material was selected from a dropdown.
- Fixed problem with the Scheme dialog that could cause architectural Windows to become filled in when applying materials to a hidden level.
- Fixed problem with the Scheme Manager and the Pick tool that could cause picked values to not be retained after restarting CET.
- Fixed problem with the Scheme Manager and the Pick tool that could cause the tool to not correctly display when objects were not compatible.
- Fixed problem with the Scheme Manager that could cause material thumbnails to show the icon for not downloaded, even though the material had been correctly downloaded.
- Fixed problem with materials for some objects that could cause the materials to change color seemingly at random, when loading a Favorite containing that object.
- Fixed problem with the Flip tool that could cause the selection box to become invisible when flipping a large number of objects.
- Fixed problem with the Mirror tools and Blocks that could cause Catalogue objects to lose some of their snapping points.
- Fixed problem with the Mirror tools that could cause objects created through mirroring to be created in the wrong Collaboration section.
- Fixed problem with Dimensions placed in Paper View, that could cause them to become visible after export to DWG, even though they had been set to not be visible in Print.
- Fixed problem with Dimensions that caused them to not automatically pick up the correct Category for the View Mode they were placed in.
- Fixed problem with the Visibility Settings dialog, during creation of new View modes, that would cause long names to get cut off even when there was plenty of space left in the dialog.
- Fixed problem with Edit Graphics that could leave some buttons in an enabled state, as though an edited object was selected, even when switching to an entirely new drawing.
- Fixed problem with the notification dialog for warning about missing licenses, that would cause the Log out button to be disabled.
- Fixed problem with the Material Pack Extension that could prevent it from downloading its materials.
- Fixed problem with Property boxes that could cause a gray box to be drawn around them.
- Fixed problem with Property boxes for objects in Read-only Collaboration Sections that could make it possible to still edit those objects, which could result in lost data.
- Fixed problem with RevLink export that could cause glass to turn gray instead of staying transparent.
- Fixed problem with Papers that could prevent text from being repositioned, even though the paper was in edit mode.
- Fixed problem with Papers that could cause 2D View clips to lose track of their target areas when loading a drawing.