Hotfix 4, May 2, 2022
Fixes and Enhancements
- Improved performance for cancelling the action of copying/pasting, moving, or placing of large number of objects.
- Fixed issue with the Flooring Extension that could cause a crash when applying Flooring products.
Hotfix 3, April 19, 2022
Fixes and Enhancements
- Improvements to Schemes will make drawings with heavy use of schemes load faster.
- Improvements to the core of CET should help reduce the performance impact of having many Extensions installed.
- Improvements to the core of CET should help improve performance when loading large drawings.
- Further fixes to Catalogues in order to minimize stuttering and redundant downloads.
- Eliminated a rare bug with Catalogue download that could cause the downloader to sometimes get two similar files mixed up and generate faulty models.
Hotfix 2, April 5, 2022
- Eliminated some sources of background events that could cause CET to stutter or suffer from micro freeze-ups. This will not eliminate all current sources of stuttering but is a first step towards finding and eliminating them all.
- Fixed problem with the new Flooring Extension that could cause it to use unnecessary amounts of memory.
- Fixes problem with Post Processing in Photo Lab, where the Tone Map option would make renders appear too bright.
- Fixed problem with the Scheme dialog that could cause CET to incorrectly display and load invalid schemes.
Patch 2, March 21, 2022
These are all part of ongoing work to further improve performance and memory usage of CET and manufacturer Extensions. We are continuing to focus our efforts on further improving performance.
- Changed frequency for how often CET saves user preferences, such as dialog resizing/placement etc., from once per second to every five minutes.
This should improve performance for cases where you are either using cloud storage syncing tools, such as OneDrive, or have your 'My Documents' folder on a network drive.
Please note that this change was released early in the shape of a hotfix on March 9.
- Changed how CET downloads and stores Catalogue data. This should remove a detected memory leak, reduce overall memory usage and improve performance in some situations.
- Removed redundant Catalogue download requests to make CET use less memory and to prevent problems with the downloader.
- Improved handling of Catalogue databases that should lead to better performance and lower memory usage, especially throughout CET work sessions spanning over longer periods.
- Improved memory management for both core CET and Catalogues, which should save more memory the more Extensions you have active.
- Strengthened parts of the tools available to our Support Team to enable faster diagnosing of issues.
- Improved performance when listing files or folders in CET, for example as in the 'Open File' dialog. This change itself will not majorly affect performance but is a part of improvements made available to manufacturers to take advantage of when creating their Extensions.
- Fixed issue with DWG export that could cause a crash when exporting 2D that contained elliptical shapes.
- Fixed issue with Stairs that could cause a crash when adding industrial handrails to a landing.
- Fixed problem with the error message shown when Auto Save/Auto Backup failed due to lacking write access to the target location. CET should now correctly state the problem and not claim a background crash has occurred.
- Fixed problem with objects, such as Dimensions, Leaders, Arrows etc., that use the Line Style quick property setting, which could cause their lines to remain visible even when the line style was set to 'No line'. CET still printed correctly (i.e. not showing the lines), but the lines incorrectly remained visible inside of CET.
Please sign in to leave a comment.