CET is constantly updating in attempts to improve the experience for our users - that means YOU! To get the best experience of CET, make sure to stay up-to-date with all the latest changes. You don’t want to miss out on new product lines that are released, new pricelists, new tools, and you definitely don’t want to miss the bug fixes!
There are 2 ways to trigger CET’s Updates:
- Automatic Update
- Manual Update
This method will trigger every time you start up CET. Once CET has launched and identified a pending update, you will get a notification at the top banner, which states “Downloading update…” with a progress bar.
Next to it is a Show button, which will bring up a window displaying a list of Updates being downloaded/installed/uninstalled.
If there are no pending updates during the start of CET, any new Updates that are pushed will be automatically detected by CET and proceed to be downloaded and installed.
To manually check and update CET…
- Click on the Help button in the top left toolbar.
- Select Check for Updates.
CET will then check for any new and pending updates and proceed with its installation.
Finalizing the Update
Once done, you will get a yellow banner with options to either complete the update process by…
- Update on next startup: This removes the message, and whenever you next open CET, it will complete the updating process. No extra waiting! Yay! This is the quickest option because you do not need to close and reopen CET beyond when you usually would anyway.
- Update & restart: When you choose this option, CET will immediately close (don’t worry, it will prompt you to save your drawing) and begin reopening at once. This is a good option when you know there is a critical update waiting, and you need to get it right away. You might run into this situation if you know there is a new pricelist you need for accurate specs or if there is a particularly nasty bug that you know will be fixed with the update.
- Remind me later: The yellow banner will disappear, and CET will wait a few hours before reminding you again.
- X: This will remove the banner, and you will not be prompted to update again until either an additional update has been released or you manually check for updates from the Help menu.