In Paper View, you can use the Tags Legend tool to include a list of the tags in your drawing. Having placed a Tags Legend in Paper View, it pulls the information from the Part Tagging dialog.
To use this tool, follow these steps:
- On the Tools (paper) tab in Paper View, click the Tags Legend tool:
- Move the cursor to the paper; a legend is attached to the cursor:
- Click once in the desired position to place the tags legend. A new legend is now attached to the cursor.
- Keep placing more legends, or move the cursor off the drawing area to release the component, alternatively press the Esc key.
After releasing the component, the legend is selected and you can edit it from the quick properties. You can also access the quick properties by selecting a tags legend:
The following properties can be edited in the quick properties:
- Tags Category: This dropdown lets you choose which tag category (as specified in the Part Tagging dialog) that you want the legend to list.
- Show tags: Choose between options such as All, Used only, and Custom to filter out which tags to show.
- Title: Keep the checkbox selected to include the title in the legend, i.e. the Category name.
- Color: Use the checkbox to show/hide the Color column in the legend.
- Tag: Use the checkbox to show/hide the Tag column in the legend.
- Description: Use this to show/hide the Description column in the legend.
- Fill background: Select this checkbox to fill the background of the legend.
- Background Color: Pick your background fill color.
- Underline header: Use this checkbox to add underlining to the legend headers.
- Title style, Header style, Text Style: Lets you edit the appearance of the the Title, Headers, and Text in the legend.
- Refresh: Click this button to trigger a refresh of the legend, if you have made changes to your part tagging and the legend is not reflecting them.
- Objects can only be on one tag within a category.
- When tags overlap, an individual tag takes precedence over a tagged area, and a smaller area takes precedence over a larger one.