The Blocks dialog is used to track, organize, name, and manipulate blocks in your drawing.
Open the Blocks dialog with the keyboard shortcut B, or click "Show Block Dialog" in the green properties box of any block selected in the drawing.
To make changes inside of a block, select the block in the drawing area or the name of the block from the list and click Edit. The blue background color in the 2D drawing view indicates that you are in Edit Block Mode. Once you have made changes, click Drawing in the upper right corner of of either the 2D or 3D drawing view to exit edit mode.
You will see that all the matching blocks have been edited based on the changes made in edit mode.
If you have placed more than one type of block in the drawing area, you can replace one block with another by using the Replace feature.
Example: You have two different types of blocks in the drawing area: one block containing a round table with chairs, and one block with a rectangular table and chairs. You wish to replace some of the rectangular tables with the circular tables.
Follow the steps below:
- Select the block with the round table in the Block dialog or in the drawing.
- Click Replace. A blue circle appears on the cursor.
- Move the blue circle to a block with rectangular table. A blue X appears when you hover over the block.
- Click the block. The block is replaced.
- Continue until all desired blocks have been replaced in the drawing.
- Hit Esc or move your cursor outside of the drawing area to end the command.
When blocks have been replaced, you will see the quantities have changed in the list of blocks in the dialog.
Explode a block to split the block back into its separate components. It will lose its functionality of changing all at once and moving as a single entity.
To Components Block
Convert your Block to a Components Block, containing only the components inside of a panel or benching layout. Only certain manufacturers and product lines have the option for components blocks.
Follow the steps below to insert a block in the drawing area:
- Left-click and release on the name of the block in the blocks dialog. The block appears on your cursor when you move it into the drawing view.
- Left-click to place the block in the drawing area.
- Continue inserting the blocks if needed.
- Press Esc or move the cursor outside the drawing area when you are done.