The Table of Content shows all the Products of a Project in a spreadsheet organized using a tree view structure.
On the top left side, there are two buttons labelled:
- Visible Column
Allows you to show/hide a spreadsheet column in the Table of Contents. Right-clicking on a column will open up a dropdown menu where you can click Filter to show the Column Filter dialog.
- Component Tab Creator
Opens up the Component Tab Creator tool to create embedded Component Tabs for the Project.
You can learn more about it in this dedicated article.
- Code: A unique identifier for the Product Levels in the Table of Contents. This field also represents the Part Number of any referenced Product contained in the Product Levels. On creation of Sub-Product Levels in the hierarchy, they will start from 0 and increment by 1 for every level.
- Description: Sets a human-readable description for the product level or product. It can be specified in multiple languages.
For a product level, this defaults to an empty description. For products, this defaults to the descriptions on the product.Changing the description of a Product in the Table of Contents does NOT affect it's original Description in the Products card.
- Currency Rounding: Specify the degree of rounding for prices on the product or products under the selected product level. Positive values round prices to their fractional units, and negative values round prices to their whole units. When determining a final rounding value for a product, the catalogue searches recursively backward from the product. The first rounding value that is encountered that is different from the price list’s rounding value, is used. This defaults to a value of 2.
- Exchange Rate \ Multiplier: Sets a price multiplier for the product level or product. When calculating final prices, all products under the selected product level will have their prices multiplied by this value, as well as the multiplier for the pertinent price list. This defaults to a value of 1.
- UI Level: Define the arrangement and sorting of products within an embedded toolbox, to be used in automatic UI Builder. Leave it undefined if you do not have the catalogue embedded in a toolbox. This defaults to a value of ‘Undefined’.
- Undefined: Products appear as a straight line in an embedded toolbox.
- Header: Level description’s font is bolded in an embedded toolbox.
- Icon Grouping: Products are grouped into a container. The level description will appear as the container’s title.
- Icon: Products are aligned in a straight line. The level description will not appear.
Products can be added by dragging them from the All Products area. When dragging a product to the tree, an indicator will be drawn to show where the product will be dropped. Two arrows pointing at a product level indicate the product will be placed into that product level. Two small arrows and a line indicate that the product will be placed between those two elements.
Modifying the Spreadsheet
Right-click the various Product Levels to modify.
- Insert New Product Level below: Inserts a product level under the existing product level.
- Insert New Sub Product Level: Inserts a product level as a sub-level within the selected product level.
- Insert Product(s) below to Space: Inserts all products below selected level into current drawing.
- Show Product in ‘Products’: Shows the selected product over in the Products.
- Reset Description(s): This is used to update and match the description of Products in the Table of Contents to that of the description from the Products.
- Copy Selected: Copies the items to the clipboard for pasting.
- Close All Below: Collapses all sub-product levels below the selected level.
- Open All Below: Expands all sub-product levels below the selected level.
- Remove: Removes the product level or Product from the Table of Contents.