To ensure a positive user experience with CET Designer and its Extensions, an important step is for Manufacturers to test their Extensions before release. Testing on the official Release Candidate build is key for identifying and eliminating bugs and for making the Extension as stable as possible.
For Extension Owners and Developer Admins there is now a QA tab on the Project page on MyConfigura. Here, you are guided through the recommended testing, and as a final step you are able to notify Configura that you have completed testing by signing it off.
Although the sign off is not mandatory at this time, we strongly encourage you to complete the testing within the first two weeks after the Release Candidate is available.
On the QA tab, you will also be prompted to select a planned release date for all major releases. Being able to collect and share this information with users and partners is very useful for us since we allow a two week window after our release date for you to release your Extension.
In this article, we will show you how to sign off on your Extension testing step-by-step. If you have any questions, please reach out to your Configura Account Manager.
- On MyConfigura, navigate to your Manufacturer page by clicking the name under the Project menu:
- Here, click the QA option:
- You will now see a list of CET Designer versions that Configura has marked as release candidates and should therefore be tested:
- Clicking a version brings you to the Sign-off page with several important components; one being a checklist to follow during testing. Please note that the checklist in this example has been shortened for layouting purposes.
- Another important component is the Planned Release Date field where you must set the intended release date for your Extension. This is only applicable for major releases; not minor ones.
- Finally, select the Testing Confirmation checkbox at the bottom of the page and sign off by clicking the Send button:
- Once the criteria above are fulfilled, the version is marked as Signed on the QA page: