To ensure a positive user experience with CET and its Extensions, an important step is for Manufacturers to test their Extensions before release. Testing on the official Release Candidate build is key for identifying and eliminating bugs and for making the Extension as stable as possible.
For Extension Owners, there is now a Migration tab on the Project page on MyConfigura. Here, you are guided through the recommended testing, and as a final step, you are able to notify Configura that you have completed testing by signing it off.
On the Migration tab, you will also be prompted to select a planned release date for all major releases. Being able to collect and share this information with users and partners is very useful for us since we allow a two-week window after our release date for you to release your Extension.
In this article, we will show you how to sign-off on your Extension testing step-by-step. If you have any questions, please reach out to your Configura Account Manager.
- On MyConfigura, navigate to your Manufacturer page by clicking the name under the Projects menu:
- Here, click the Migration option:
- You will now see a list of CET versions that Configura has marked as release candidates and should therefore be tested:
- Clicking a version brings you to the Sign-off page with several important components; for example, the testing guidelines and the list of extensions currently in RC distribution. You can only proceed to sign-off when you have at least one extension added to the RC distribution and tested.
- Another important component is the Planned Release Date field where you must set the intended release date for your Extension. This is only applicable for major releases; not minor ones.
- Here you will also find a consent option to share your contact information should any MyConfigura users have questions regarding your extensions. Please note that this is an opt-in action, and the sharing of information is optional.
- Moving down, you will find an input for the Git branch information. This is a mandatory field because it helps Configura to inspect the extension’s code when needed, and in return improving the software’s stability and user experience.
- Finally, select the Testing Confirmation checkbox at the bottom of the page and sign-off by clicking the Send button:
You can only sign-off if:
- You are an extension owner.
- You added at least one extension to the RC distribution for testing.
- You filled in the Git branch information.
- Once the criteria above are fulfilled, the version is marked as Signed on the Migration page: