With the release of CET 11.5, our main focus areas are a more streamlined updating process, new and updated schemes functionality, continued standardization, and easier content creation through the use of catalogs, schemes, properties etc. Certain headers and words below are blue, clickable links that will open help articles with more information.
To get you on board with the latest updates, our webinar What's new in CET 11.5? is available in multiple languages in the week of November 16. To find a webinar that suits you, please visit CET Academy.
News & Changes
- We have cleaned up and simplified notifications, as well as added an option to install available updates the next time CET is restarted, rather than immediately.
- When viewing the detailed update information, updates will now inform about their importance from Minor up to Critical severity. In addition, you can also see how much data needs to be downloaded, and which version Extensions will update to.
As part of improving the update system for CET, the Control panel has been updated with new options. In line with this, the tab for Network has been renamed to Updates & Network, and contains a whole new section for controlling when and how updates will install.
Controls have been added to support setting a preferred day and time for installing updates if you do not want to install them as they become available.
- Controls have been added to support setting a preferred day and time for installing updates if you do not want to install them as they become available.
Schemes: Updates and New Functionality
A new tool has been added to the Tools menu in CET; the Scheme Painter.
After selecting one or more source objects, the Scheme Painter lets you “copy/paste” their properties and materials to other objects. Either to single specific targets, or more widely across the whole drawing. Properties and materials will only be applied to target object(s) that can support them, otherwise the application of that specific property will be skipped.
Example: a Maple wood type Panel as the source will attempt to apply the “Wood Material: Maple” value to the target objects. But if those panel targets either do not have a Wood option, or do not support the same group of Wood material, then application of the material will be skipped.
If you select multiple source objects that all contain the same property, but with different values, the dialog will alert you to this conflict and require a resolution before you can apply.
- Also related to schemes; We have added a new tool to the Schemes dialog. The Eyedropper tool lets you pick up property values from any object in your drawing, these will then automatically be added to the visible fields in the Schemes dialog; ready to be applied to other objects.
If values do not map to the currently visible options in the Scheme dialog, they will be ignored.
- We have also taken the opportunity to update the behavior of the Apply to selection and Apply to all buttons; they will now automatically be greyed out if there are no values to apply.
- A Query tool has been added to the Advanced Selection dialog. This is a text-based tool for selecting objects in your drawing.
Objects are selected by using Category names / Object properties and operators such as “IN”, “OR”, “Not IN” etc.
To make it easier to create a selection, the Query tool will automatically help phrase your query by suggesting content based on the context of what is in your drawing and the current structure of your query.
Paper View Updates
When inserting a View Clip, you can now change its shape to Custom shape. This changes the tool to use placement similar to the Custom Shape Tools, letting you draw exactly the shape you want.
Accompanying this are two tools for adding points or turning corners into arcs, again similar to how the existing Custom Shape Tools work:
- Added ability to select multiple papers at the same time in Paper View, by clicking on the paper thumbnails while holding down Ctrl or Shift.
- The functionality of Tags Legends has expanded and now offers more options for customization. In addition to new color and style options, manufacturers can now add their own custom columns to Tags Legends, which become available in the legend's quick properties box:
- The RevLink Extension now supports the Revit 2021 format.
- Custom Categories can now be saved from the Categorization dialog; allowing for easier reuse or sharing.
- Added a new button to the Warning dialog about missing licenses, allowing for easy uninstalling of such Extensions with minimal hassle.
- Cabinets in the Kitchenette Extensions (High, Base, and Wall cabinets) can now be stretched within a set of predefined widths.
The Leader with text tool has been made available for use outside of the Paper View.
After placement, it is now also possible to set the leader angle to a fixed 90°, or to a custom angle, from the Quick Properties box.
We are removing the distance unit choices for Inches and decimals and Feet and inches and decimals.
If you were using these distance unit options anywhere, your choices will automatically be updated to instead use Inches or Feet and inches as appropriate.
This is done to cut down on duplication, since the Inches as well as Feet and inches options already show decimal values.
- Added a maximum limit of 10 000 cells for imported spreadsheets, to prevent performance issues.
- Fixed problem that would allow accidental placement of Favorites in the Paper View. CET will now distinguish between Favorites intended for Paper View and Favorites created for use with the regular drawing area.
- Fixed problem with DWG export of papers that would cause xrefs to not be correctly generated if a Black and White add-on was attached to the View clip.
Note: When exporting View clips to DWG, any DWG visible in the View Clips will ignore the Black and White add-on.
- Fixed problem with 2D View clips that could cause them to be collapsed or in a different location when the drawing was reloaded.
- Fixed problem with 3D Viewports that could cause them to ignore Level visibility settings.
- Fixed problem with View clip sources incorrectly being selectable while using the View All View mode.
- Fixed problem with the Column Balloon add-on that could cause the balloons to point to the wrong Baseline if the target Baseline was changed in the Property box.
- Fixed problem with Baseline Dimensions that could cause the Property box to sometimes reset certain settings after placing the dimension.
- Fixed problem with Baseline Dimensions that prevented property box changes from affecting all currently selected Baseline Dimensions when multiple were selected at the same time.
- Fixed problem with Dimensions not displaying the “mm” unit if this is your chosen distance unit.
- Fixed problem that prevented the Render preview from using the selected preset after restarting CET.
- Fixed problem with Realistic rendering that could cause the light to have a blue hue.
- Fixed problem that could cause some materials to turn black with the Realistic rendering
- Fixed problem that could cause Render Quality to randomly reset back to 80.
- Fixed problem that could cause Carpets and Coverings to not be visible with the Realistic rendering
- Fixed problem with Snip to Photo Lab that could cause drawn 3D clips to not be visible for editing once in the Photo Lab.
- Fixed problem with the Render Accelerator Extension that could cause duplicate machines to show up in the resources list.
- Fixed issue with changing color of multiple DWG layers at once that could in rare cases cause a crash.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause distorted lines on some arcs.
- Fixed problem with DWG export that could cause Filter settings to be applied even though the filter checkbox was deselected in the Export dialog.
- Fixed problem with DWG export that could sometimes cause the Baseline to not be included in the exported file.
- Fixed problem with using Page Up/Down on elevated blocks that would cause them to not retain their elevation when exported to CAD.
- The Calculation View Settings dialog can now be resized horizontally, in addition to the old vertical resize.
- Fixed problem with deletion of Alternatives that could cause multiple Main tabs to appear in the Calculation dialog.
- Fixed problem where new article views containing selected parts could not be created if the components were in a block.
- Fixed problem with the Movement aid tool that would cause it to not work correctly with Wall drawing Accessories.
- Fixed problem with the Movement aid tool that could cause it to not properly apply changes made to the distance field in the property box.
- Fixed problem that could cause the Custom tools dialog to lose track of some of its contents if the settings were saved to file and loaded at a later date.
- Fixed problem with the Visibility Settings dialog, that could result in names for custom view modes being cut off, even though the dialog had been stretched to accommodate the full name.
- Added missing scroll bar to the Component Tabs Configurator dialog.
- Fixed problem with Component tabs that could sometimes cause pinned tabs to become unpinned after restarting CET.
- Fixed problem with Disable Snapping that would cause snapping to be turned back on when using Copy/Paste.
- Fixed problem with Paste from clipboard to selected level that could cause the objects to not paste onto the correct level.
- Fixed problem with Walls that could cause the hatch pattern to disappear when the Elevation of the wall was changed.
- Fixed problem with Windows that would cause them to incorrectly attempt to snap to walls that were not on the currently active Level.
- Fixed problem with Windows that could sometimes cause some of them to appear to be walled shut.
- Doors that have been frozen will no longer show an extra square for their swing arc.
- Fixed problem with Filtering of objects inside of Blocks, that could cause the entire block to get hidden.
- Fixed problem that would let you accidentally select tagged objects that had been hidden through Filtering.
- Fixed problem with components losing their Custom Categories when copied to a new drawing.
- Fixed problem with Schemes that could cause toggle controls to incorrectly display as set to “off” after restarting CET.
- Fixed problem with the Preset previews in the Schemes dialog that could cause some contents, such as toggle controls, to be hidden in the interface.
- Fixed issue with the Style Editor that could cause a crash when deleting styles.
- Fixed problem with the Replicate dialog that could cause replicated objects to not be correctly Categorized as belonging to the Levels they got replicated onto.
- Fixed problem with objects placed inside of other objects, that could cause the smaller objects to no longer be visible in the 2D view.
- Fixed problem with the Industrial Light fixture, that caused it to use the wrong type of light source.
- Fixed problem with the Remover tool that prevented it from being able to remove holes cut in Custom shape objects or Levels.
- Fixed problem with CRM Connect that could prevent users from logging in.