There are multiple ways to use photos once they are complete in Photo Lab. You can export them as an image file, attach them to an e-mail, insert them into a Paper View layout, or print them as part of a report.
Saving the rendered image
When the photo is complete, you can save it to many types of files. Follow these steps to save a photo:
- Select the photo you wish to save.
- Click the Save button from any of the locations shown below.
- Name the image, then select the file type and save location.
- Click the Save button.
Saving a rendering
E-mailing a rendered image
A rendered photo can be attached to an e-mail message directly from Photo Lab. Follow these steps to attach a photo to an e-mail:
- Select the photo you wish to e-mail.
- Click the E-mail button. You can also right-click or click the Photo menu in the upper-left corner, and select E-mail rendered image from the menu.
- Your e-mail client opens a new message with the photo attached to it.
Capturing an image
A quick way to copy and paste a photo is to use the Capture feature to place it on the clipboard. Follow these steps to copy an image:
- Select the photo you wish to copy.
- Right-click the photo and select Capture image from the context menu, or select the same option from the Photo menu in the menu bar.
- Switch to another program and paste the image there.
Inserting photos into Paper View
You can incorporate a photo into Paper View. Follow these steps to place a photo in a paper view:
- Select the photo you wish to place in a paper view.
- Right-click the photo and select Insert in paper view from the context menu, or select the same option from the Photo menu in the menu bar.
- Paper View opens and the photo is displayed on a sheet.
- Make the desired adjustments to your sheet, such as image size and placement, resolution, and printer settings, and then print your sheet.
You may want to change the image to match the resolution of the Paper.
- In Paper View, choose one of these methods for changing the image resolution:
- A dialog will open with information on the change being made to the Photo.
Including photos in a Print report
In the Print report dialog you can select photos to be added to your report. Follow these steps to include photos in your printout:
- In the CET Designer main window, select Print Reports from the File menu, or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + P.
- Select the checkbox Perspective which is located in the Standard section on the Report Settings tab.
- Select Photo series in the Render drop-down box.
- You can open Photo Lab to check the order and setting of the photos by clicking the Photo Lab button.
- All photos in Photo Lab will be printed on their own page, and any un-rendered images will be rendered using the Photograph Setup settings.
Print Reports dialog