Preparing to print
When you are about to print a sheet in from the Paper View, edit the desired printer settings that you access from the menu bar in the top part of Paper View:
- Name: Label the paper. For example Floor Plan or Component Plan. The name will be listed in Print Reports, and will appear on the thumbnail of the page at the bottom of Paper View.
- Lock / Unlock: Toggle between Edit mode and Lock mode for all viewports on the current paper.
- Update viewport: Refresh all viewports when changes are made in the drawing view.
- Preview Page: Preview the page; 3D Viewports will not be rendered. You can print directly from the Print Preview.
- Paper Size: Set the size of the current paper. Options depend on printer selected in Page Setup (see 7).
- Resolution: Offers options depending on the how the paper is intended to be used. Choose Web, Print, Press, or set a custom dpi (dots per inch):
- Page setup: Opens the Page setup dialog:
- Zoom level: Choose the zoom level in relation to the resolution of the paper. Use drop-down, or see the value change as you zoom with your scroll wheel.
- Actual zoom: Displays resolution that will be seen on the page in it's final, printed form. This serves as a preview of the quality when printed.
You can also adjust your sheets in the lower-left corner of Paper View:
- Insert a new paper: Adds a blank paper. Copies the size of the selected page (8).
- Load paper from file: Inserts a paper that you have previously saved on your hard drive or network location (.cmppr). Used to load titleblocks.
- Change paper orientation: Rotates the currently selected paper.
- Copy selected paper: Copies the selected paper, including title blocks and viewports.
- Remove selected paper: Deletes the selected paper.
- Save selected paper: After setting up a titleblock, save the selected paper to your hard drive or network location (.cmppr).
- Enable/disable selected paper: Right-click and disable papers so that it will not be included when printing a document. This can also speed up the drawing.
- Current paper: Edit the current paper in the drawing.
Printing from Paper View
To print the Papers created in Paper View, use the Print Reports tool found under the File pull-down menu.
Choose Paper View in the Report Settings to print just the papers created in Paper View.
Please sign in to leave a comment.