The RevLink Extension allows the transfer of files between CET Designer and Revit Architecture.
To be able to use the free RevLink Extension in CET Designer you have to do two things:
- Install the RevLink Extension from Marketplace:
This will add a RevLink component tab in CET Designer.
- Install a RevLink Add-in in Revit Architecture to be able to read files created from CET Designer. You can download the Add-in installer by clicking the link on this page on Marketplace.
To open the RevLink Settings dialog, click the RevLink Settings button in the RevLink component tab, as shown below. The Settings are applied to all objects in the drawing area during Export of the design layout and the Export of family files.
In the RevLink Settings dialog, as shown below, you can set your export options. The RevLink Settings dialog is divided into two tabs; General and Family Settings.
The General Tab
The General tab offers the following settings:
- Export level of detail: you can choose how detailed your family file should be with the Level of detail option. There are four different levels of detail:
- Low: very light model.
- Medium: this is the default level; the models are very light and easy to work with in Revit, but still detailed enough to look good in Revit.
- High: better details and a little bit harder to work with in Revit, if the family file contains many objects.
- Super: very detailed model, can be hard to work with if the family file contains many objects.
- Export settings:
- Export snapped objects as a group.
- Export architetural walls from CET Designer to Revit.
- Export textures from CET Designer. Note that enabling this option will add to the file size, which will therefore take longer to export.
The Family Settings tab
The Family Settings tab offers the following settings:
- Family Parameters: one or more parameters can be assigned to all the symbols present in the drawing area. You can choose the parameters that should be enabled for the drawing or the families by checking the Export checkbox (see Figure 3 above). The selected parameters will be extracted from CET Designer and made available in Revit. However, note that the parameters are only labels within Revit.
- Custom Parameters: you can add and delete custom parameters assigned to all the symbols in the drawing. To add a custom parameter, click New to type in a label and its value. To disable a custom parameter from being exported, uncheck the Export checkbox located next to the custom parameter’s label (see Figure 4 below).