Fixed issue with the Help menu option Send Feedback that could cause a crash.
- The Quick Measure feature was accidentally released too early and has been removed until it is completed.
CET 14.5 Minor: February 19, 2024
News & Changes
Improved the Commercial Interiors Library Extension warning dialog about product conversion failures to be more informative and helpful.
- Updated the button View parts in Spec so that if Spec is not installed, CET will open the Order export dialog to let you export your bill of material to SIF.
News & Changes
Material Handling Library
The new Material Handling Library enters open Beta stage. We have partnered with leading manufacturers from around the world, such as SICK, FMH, Kardex, Universal Robots, and several others, to provide you with a one-stop destination for all your product sourcing needs, through the power of Catalogues.
Essential Shelving Extension
Essential Shelving sheds its Beta label and is now fully available to all Material Handling users, for free.
Essential Cantilever Racking Extension
The Essential Cantilever Racking Extension is now available, free of charge, for all Material Handling users on the Marketplace.
- Essential Pallet Racking now supports the use of the Mirror tools found on the Wall Drawing tab.
- Essential Pallet Racking has a new tool for adding images to the ends of racks to work as signs.
- The Unit Load Editor now supports adding custom textures to the unit loads to help visually match actual products instead of using plain boxes.
- For Essential Guarding, the minimum allowed value for square and cylindrical guard barrier posts is now 100mm, reduced from the previous 400mm limit. Likewise, minimum height has been reduced from 1000mm to 500mm.
- We are removing the Unit Load and Unloaded View modes from Essential Shelving. They have been replaced with two new View modes:
- Interior – this will hide all doors to provide an unobstructed view.
- Without Accessories – this will hide all accessories.
- Essential Shelving gets a set of four new Spread tools to help spread settings for rows, bays and shelves.
- Essential Shelving now supports directly typing in elevation value for shelves during placement.
- Updated the Material Handling Library Extension to fix a problem that could cause the toolbox to show as empty if no internet connection was available while CET was starting up. The toolbox should now correctly display all locally available data instead of just blank space.
- Essential Shelving now has access to Solid and Mesh options for Back panels and Close frames.
- Essential Conveyors now supports placing curved chutes.
- Essential Conveyors now support stretching chutes to create funnel-type shapes, using both Straight and Curved shapes.
- Essential Conveyors will now follow the Control Panel setting for Rotate from any connector. This means you can enable/disable this functionality to suit your workflow.
- Essential Conveyors now support directly entering exact elevation values in the Property box while stretching Loop Crossbelts.
All Editions Fixes & Enhancements
- Since the Movie Studio Extension is slated to retire with the upcoming 15.0 release of CET in May, we have added a notification to the Movie Studio tab with information about a possible alternative. Please note that you do not need to uninstall Movie Studio manually; CET will automatically remove it for you.
- Added support for Revit 2024.
- We have moved the option to recover drawings from autosaves and backups to the Info section of the File menu, to make it easier to find.
- The Send Feedback dialog, accessible from the Help menu, now lets you specify if your feedback is about a specific manufacturer.
- Export to IFC should now be significantly faster.
- Greatly improved precision for PDF creation should eliminate cases of slight misalignments or lines deviating from what you see in the Paper View.
- PDF creation now supports drawing even thinner lines to help improve precision when dealing with large racking systems.
- Updated the Help Point component; it now has a radius of either 5 pixels, or 5 centimeters, whichever is smaller depending on your zoom level. This should give the impression of a fixed size when zooming in and out, without the help points appearing to grow to eventually cover your drawing when zoomed far out.
- Updated exported SIF files from CET to contain data for both the EC and MG keys (both contain identical data) to ensure that different programs can read the output, as different programs expect different keys.
- Moved a potentially annoying warning dialog about outdated Extensions to instead be a notification bar message, to reduce its impact on your workflow.
- Added a Pattern angle option to the property box for Carpets and coverings on the Architectural tab.
- Added support for setting up keyboard shortcuts for the Help Line and Help Point tools. You can find their settings under the Drawing Tools category, in the Configure keyboard shortcuts dialog.
- Added a notification when a block, that is present in multiple alternatives, is edited for the first time. The idea is to help highlight how blocks work with alternatives, to help avoid unintended consequences or frustrations for those who may not know.
- Added a new option for dimensions when using feet and inches and fractions as distance unit setting; you can now Hide zero feet by using the property box to reduce number clutter.
- Added a new General Text category to the Categorization dialog. This is the default category of item tags.
- Extended the measurement options for the ramp from the Commercial Stairs Extension to support much lower values so it fits better with OA Floors.
- Fixed issue with the 3D Connexion Space Mouse, when used in combination with older graphics drivers, that could cause a crash.
- Fixed issue with stretching of Dimensions that could cause a crash.
- Fixed issue with the Advanced Selection tool that could cause a crash when using the Selection History.
- Fixed issue with the new Catalogue Downloader that could cause it to crash with a .NET error message (ConfiguraDownloader.Communication.Broadcaster threw an exception).
- Fixed issue with making changes to schemes, after loading a drawing, that could cause a crash for users of the Kitchen & Bath Edition of CET.
- Fixed problem with IFC export that could prevent the resulting files from being opened in SAP2000.
- Fixed problem with multiple drawings in separate windows that could lead to duplication of the CET main window when loading templates.
- Updated the Material Handling Library to use more consistent icons when catalogue data had not yet been downloaded.
- Renamed "Foot length" to "Section depth" in the Essential Cantilever Racking Extension.
- Updated the support landing page for Chinese language users to include some of the links from the previous version support page, such as the quick access links.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause huge ellipses to be incorrectly drawn.
- Fixed problem with DWG import and objects inside of CAD blocks that could cause the outlines of some objects to get the wrong color.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause objects that were inside out, i.e. bad Normals, to appear too dark when brought into CET.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could lead to rough or jagged-looking curves and arches. To help give users more control over this part, we have also added two new controls to the DWG import dialog:
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause holes in some imported models.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause objects to be out of position when compared to AutoCAD.
- Fixed problem with resizing of separate 3D views that could cause a memory leak.
- Fixed problem with PDF creation that could make it take excessively long to complete when the drawing contained a lot of complicated 2D shapes.
- Fixed problem with the 3D Text object that, when used with fonts from the Geogrotesque family, would cause all letters to be replaced with symbols instead.
- Fixed problem with the Page Number data field in Paper View that could prevent it from updating to reflect changes to the number of pages.
- Fixed problem with View clips that could prevent Part Tags inside of blocks from becoming visible when using the Show part tag colors add-on.
- Fixed problem with PBR materials not being used when rendering images using Sun for natural light, Realistic light, or Image based light.
- Fixed problem when rendering walls set to be transparent, that would prevent them from showing their red location outlines.
- Fixed problem with keyboard shortcuts that could allow Manufacturer Extensions to override customized shortcuts.
- Fixed problem with the new Catalogue downloader that could cause Microsoft .NET Framework error messages when using an internet proxy.
- Fixed problem with the new Catalogue downloader that could affect overall stability and prevent objects from downloading.
Kitchen & Bath
- Fixed problem with stretching of soffits that could cause them to become disconnected from racks.
- Fixed problem with Schemes that could, for some Kitchen & Bath users, result in incorrect preview images.
- Fixed problem with incorrect handle positioning on pharmacy cabinets.
- Fixed problem with cabinet handles that would leave them out of the automatic price calculation.
- Fixed problem with side covers on corner cabinets that could block moldings.
- Fixed problem with the Fridge and Freezer components that could cause them to be pushed below the floor when disconnecting a top cabinet.
- Updated the position of the Hide/Show choices in the property box for Auto-dimensions to have the default value on the left.
- Fixed problem with Sinks that could cause the component tab to show as containing no products.
- Fixed problem with back covers and plinths that could cause the entire layout to elevate above the floor.
- Fixed problem with fillers that could cause them to grow to near infinite size.
- Fixed problem with fillers that prevented them from stretching in increments between maximum or minimum length.
- Fixed problem with the Product Line dropdown menu in the Sinks and Taps tab that could cause it to go missing.
- Fixed problems related to selecting worktop edges; it should now be easier to select them and see that they are indeed selected.