News & Changes
Introducing CET Industry Products
- To better serve our community and the users of our software, CET Designer will evolve into three industry products.
What does this mean for you?
You do not need to take any action as you will automatically be assigned the right product edition based on your existing license subscriptions.
Each edition of CET will be packaged to include tools and features that meet the needs of the target industry.
You will, however, have to look for our updated program icons to start CET:
Worth mentioning also is that the splash screen has been updated to reflect which edition you are using:
Oh, and we are dropping the “Designer” part of the name. From now on, it’s just CET!
Want to know more?
News in the Wall Drawing and Tools component tabs
- Added support for attaching Windows and window accessories to curved walls:
- Materials for Walls/Doors/Windows have been split off into their own Tab within the Walls settings dialog.
- Added tools for mirroring objects or groups of objects in CET. This first iteration of the tools will work on all objects from Extensions released by Configura. Currently, you can find the Mirror tools in the Wall Drawing tab.
- We are changing the basic behavior of dimensions; Dimensions now automatically snap to other objects during placement and will then move and/or stretch as needed to follow along with those objects, if moved.
This is called Associative dimensions and can be turned off during placement by unchecking the box in the quick property:
Please note that for CET Kitchen & Bath, the Associative option is turned off by default.
Updates in the Structural & Building Mechanicals Extensions
- Improved Beam insertion to be visible in both 2D and 3D during placement, as opposed to only 2D.
- Increased max radius for HVAC ducts to 2.67 meters (105 inches). We are also introducing minimum and maximum limits to values for Custom Beams.
- Expanded truss options to three different base shapes; Straight, Angled and Triangle, as shown below.
Photo Lab and Movie Studio changes
- Changed Control Panel graphics options to replace the old Hardware and Hardware safe mode with a new Hybrid mode. Hybrid mode is required for some of the new Photo Lab functionalities below.
- Updated all Accessories and light sources in CET and Configura published Extensions, to be physically correct light sources. This means that brightness is now measured in Lumen (lm) to make it easier to understand settings and their interactions with future updates to materials.
- The new Image based light option for Lighting & Shadows in the Photo Lab adds support for having HDR backgrounds emit correct light to your scene based on the colors of the chosen background image.
Rendering with a colder tone due to the blueish hue of the background image. Rendering with a warmer tone due to the yellowish hue of the background image.
- The new Tone map option in the Photo Lab replaces the old Auto levels post processing option. It is found in the Advanced post processing settings:
Tone map performs automatic post processing based on photography best practices to help deal with over- and under exposures as well as achieve good contrast and color intensity.
Unlike the old tool, Tone map does not adjust sliders. It is either enabled, or not.
You can still adjust the sliders manually, but this is then in addition to Tone map, as long as the feature is enabled.
- The Tone map option is also available in the Movie Studio, where it works in the same way, while also trying to stay consistent between individual video frames.
New tools and options for Schemes
- You can now embed schemes directly into your drawing, similar to how you can embed imported DWG files.
This helps ensure that schemes unique to that drawing are available for use and re-use in the future, or for easy sharing with others working on the same project.
Embedding is either done manually, on a per-scheme basis, or you can enable automatic embedding of all applied schemes.
Automatic embedding only happens when the Scheme is applied to something in the drawing.
- Added option to save your schemes to a specified location, rather than always saving them to CET Documents.
- Added option to auto-save schemes to avoid CET repeatedly reminding you about unsaved changes.
Auto-saved files are local to your computer while auto-embedded files are always saved in your drawing file.
- New layout option for the Schemes dialog; you can choose between a horizontal and a vertical layout style. The new vertical layout is designed providing a better overview for when you have many different schemes. These settings are found in the Scheme settings dialog, accessed via the ... button
Horizontal layout (default) Vertical layout (optional)
- You can now also filter the scheme list, for easier overview when you have many different schemes.
- While we were adding new tools and improving the layout of the Schemes dialog, we also took the opportunity to improve the apply buttons.
- As part of modernizing the look of CET, we are starting out with an overhaul of the Extension Details dialog, and at the same time we have also taken the opportunity to update the appearance of all basic checkboxes.
- The print option from the Calculation File menu now allows direct selecting of printer. This field is linked to the Print Reports dialog, so any changes made here will also be reflected in that dialog.
- Area Part tags can now show you the area measurement for the space they occupy; this works for both tagging rectangles and custom shape tags. You can turn on showing of this information from the quick property box.
- Added support for exporting drawings to the GL Transmission Format (.gltf / .glb)
- A new option has been added to New Views to have them automatically follow the view mode of their parent 2D/3D view. To enable this, select the Follow main viewmode checkbox in the View mode dropdown in the bottom right corner.
- Added a new Order export format to the Calculation dialog; Configura SIF. This replaces the old Project Matrix SIF export. The new Configura SIF uses the same sort order as shown in the Calculation, and maps TAG1-TAG5 to multiple SIF keys for easier and better use with order entry applications.
- For users of the Collaboration Lite Extension, we have updated the Advanced selection tool to now include a specific criterion for Collaboration.
Fixes and enhancements
- Improved performance when Saving or Loading drawings to or from remote networks over a VPN connection. Please keep in mind that saving to a remote network will be impacted by your current network connection stability and speed.
- Improved information and feedback when attempting to save to a network location that is currently not accessible.
- Improved information clarity for Tags Legend when multiple alternatives are present.
- Improved error message and feedback when attempting to import spreadsheets that are too large.
- Improved performance for imported DWG files in both 2D and 3D.
- Improved import speed for IFC, as well as save/load times for drawings containing imported IFC files.
- Improved how quickly texts are drawn in 2D and Paper View.
- Improved performance for selecting multiple objects in Paper View by using Ctrl+click.
- Fixed issue that could cause a crash during startup due to missing parts of the required executables for CET.
- Fixed issue with Tags legend that could cause a crash due to the Count option being visible and selectable in the quick properties after loading an old drawing.
- Fixed problem with the Tags legend that could cause the legend to change its category when the description was updated.
- Fixed problem with Tag rectangles and Tag custom shapes that would allow them to be selected even though not currently visible.
- Fixed problem with Paper view and the Tags legend, that could cause it to list tags from all different alternatives. A dropdown has now been added to let you choose which alternative to list tags from.
- Fixed problem with Paper view, that would cause DWG files inside of Blocks to become invisible if a Black and White add-on was added to a 2D View clip.
- Fixed problem Paper view and Leader with text in 2D View clips, that would prevent it from being included when exporting to DWG.
- Fixed problem with View Clips that caused their contents to stop showing once the view clip raised above a certain elevation level.
- Fixed problem with View Clips that caused the Part tag colors add-on to completely hide untagged objects.
- Fixed problem with Print preview that could cause text to be incorrectly scaled.
- Fixed problem with Print Reports that could cause some checkboxes in the Document contents listing to not always update correctly.
- Fixed problem with the Remover tool, when triggered from its keyboard shortcut while in Paper view, that would cause the pointer to momentarily look oversized until moved.
- Fixed problem with the 3D view and multiple views, that could make it impossible to select objects in 3D.
- Fixed problem with creation of new View sets that could allow cloning of the Colored tags view mode.
- Fixed problem that could cause the tagging indicators to still be visible even though the view was filtered to not show the tagged object.
- Fixed problem with the Filter dialog that could cause Collaboration to now show.
- Fixed problem that could cause some help dialogs to not be visible if the button that triggered them was too close to the edge of the screen.
- Fixed problem with Quick Property boxes that would cause them to reset their position when triggered by selecting an object in a different view. Quick Property boxes will now remember where you last left them, and open there the next time.
- Fixed problem with closed sections that would cause the pop-out view to grow wider each time it was opened.
- Fixed problem with the Component tab configurator that could cause its scroll bars to not update correctly when resizing the dialog.
- Fixed problem with STP import that would cause it to fail if the source folder was write protected.
- Fixed problem with DWG export that could cause it to fail if there was a comma in the file name.
- Fixed problem with DWG export that could cause embedded DWG files to not be visible in 3D after export.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause imported DWG files to change position.
- Fixed problem with SketchUp export that could cause wallpapers to go missing from monitors from the Office Accessories Extension, for the highest LOD state.
- Fixed problem with SketchUp export that could cause some accessories to lose their scale setting.
- Fixed problem with SketchUp export that could cause materials with the same name but different transparency settings to get mixed up during load and then incorrectly displayed.
- Fixed problem with the Refresh data tool for imported Excel sheets that would incorrectly open the dialog to select which sheets should be visible.
- Fixed problem with Brightness setting for imported images that prevented the changes from being visible in 3D.
- Fixed problem with some Photo Lab help dialogs incorrectly replacing some characters with <▯> when using Dutch language settings.
- Fixed problem with Calculation that could cause the Save as default-button to disappear when changing the size of the Currencies setting dialog.
- Fixed problem with Calculation and New view containing selected parts that could result in deselected rows being included even though they had explicitly been deselected.
- Fixed problem with Data fields that could cause automatic font size adjustment to not work correctly.
- Fixed problem with Text fields that could cause Japanese lettering to not fit properly inside the text object when Adjust font size was enabled.
- Fixed problem with Bathroom Accessories not being given a proper default Category (Accessories).
- Fixed problem with Reconfiguration and PDF creation that could cause problems ranging from different font sizes in the same block, to text not properly fitting inside the block.
- Fixed problem with using the Rebuild language database tool, from the Control Panel, that could cause the Catalogue Browser tab to disappear.
- Fixed problem with Levels that could cause levels to disappear from the quick property dropdown if a different level was selected.
- Fixed problem with repeated creation of blocks inside of blocks that could cause blocks to be listed in the Block dialog as *dead*.
- Fixed problem with Edit Graphics, that could cause objects to lose their color fill in 2D if the drawing was loaded without the Edit Graphics Extension.
- We have removed the Double and meet tool from the 2D lines section as it was partially broken and hard to understand and use.
- Added missing help text to the Control panel for Show measure button in distance fields.
- Fixed problem with Baseline dimensions not correctly pointing to the Baseline in Elevation views.
I have a question, is the 'Associative Dimension' option only available on 2D? I don't have the AP option when I try to add it to 3D
As of now, the Associative Dimension feature is only available in the 2D view dimension tool.
No plans yet to also introduce it to the 3D view dimension tool.
How exciting!! These are great updates :)
Hi, these are great updates, but did the Incrementer tool go away? I don't see it anymore.
how can i get the previous version of the MyConfigura because in the new version HNI extensions still not added.
? What do you mean the Incrementer tool is gone? I still see it in the 12.0 official build, and looking at the code, nothing suggests that it's hiding.
Could you try contacting support?
Contact Us – Configura Help Center
The old Build Center is deprecated and no longer supported.
You can refer to this article, and others within that section to help navigate through the new MyConfigura Build Center. Or try contacting support.
Please make sure to make note if the .cmdrw file changes version and if V11.5 can open a file saved by V12. Some users update before our testing phase is over and we have the green light to all upgrade.
Hi, we do agree we should have everyone aware of this and thus updated this article:
to highlight this.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Please sign in to leave a comment.