Imports the entire building while respecting the original positioning of objects in the file.
The model is always Locked in position when imported. To make modifications to the IFC model, you must first right-click on it and select Unlock position.
How to Import IFC Files
- Click the Import button on the IFC component tab.
- Browse for the IFC file that you want to use and click Open.
- The Import IFC dialog will open where you can select which Site/Building/Story(s) to import. You can Filter by name.
- You can also select which types of IFC elements to import. And when your mouse hovers over the different elements, it'll show the lists of IFC objects under that IFC element.
- (Optional) There is also the Advanced Settings button at the bottom left of the dialog where you can expand out a few more optional settings.
- Confirm your selection and import the file by clicking the Import button at the bottom right.
The Import IFC Building Stories as CET Levels option will generate an architectural Level in your CET drawing for each Story selected in the Import Dialog’s IFC Structures list. This does not apply if only one Story is selected.
There are a few ways the IFC can be imported and represented in CET:
- The option to Import every IFC element as individual objects will result in the ability to move/edit each individual IFC entity within CET.
- Import connected IFC elements as objects will combine connected elements into single objects that you can manipulate individually.
- Importing as single object (BETA) will result in a single object for the entire IFC file, regardless of how many Stories are contained. This means you can only manipulate the entire imported IFC file as you would a singular object in CET, including categorization.
The Generate Level of Details (LOD) setting will generate separate Level of Details (also known as LOD) versions of the imported file for different zoom levels. Enabling this setting will result in a longer import time but better performance in the drawing after import. The drawing file size will also be larger with this setting enabled.
Optimized 2D (BETA) results in higher quality 2D graphics but will result in longer a import time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.