Migration changes on extension
Please check with your developers if they have done the migration changes on the extensions before you start testing.
Developers have made changes to the DisplayPropertyFactory class and it mainly affect snappers that uses G2 properties and has only 1 member.
What does a member mean?
Members would mean the possible values that a property can take. For instance, property ‘Width’ has fixed values starting from 100mm, 200mm, 300mm. This would deduce that property ‘Width’ has 3 members, meaning 3 possible values.
If the property has a free input field that suggests range from 1-999, this means there are 999 members.
What has been changed?
Previously, if there are G2 properties that has only 1 member meaning 1 fixed possible value, the field will be shown in white background and the text value appears in standard color black. From a user’s standpoint, this indicates the possibility to update, allowing changes to other values. However, clicking on it does not provide any feedbacks.
Hence, developers made it default to show the properties as a ‘label’, in which G2 properties with only 1 member will be shown in the new property box below. Non-editable properties will now be shown in green background and text value will be grayed out.
To ensure this fix is implemented, run a smoke test with your extension’s snappers especially those that consist of 1-member value.
- T1: Place your extension’s snappers into drawing space, before confirming its position, check the animation properties, and try toggling through them by clicking on ‘Tab’ and ‘Space’.
- T2: After confirming its first placement, click on the snapper to bring up the quick properties, check the animation properties, and try toggling through them by clicking on ‘Tab’ and ‘Space’.
- T3: For properties with 1 member, click on them to make sure they are not editable.
- T4: For properties with > 1 member, try updating to different accepted values and make sure it is reflected within the snapper and the drawing spaces (2D and 3D).
- T5: Try copy pasting the existing snappers and repeat test instruction T1 and T2.
- T6: Repeat test instruction T1 to T5 in edit block space.
Expected result: Not editable values should be grayed out and shown in green background.
It is crucial to check with your respective manufacturer on the exact specification to ensure what values are accepted.
For more information on the code changes, Refer Migration to 11.5 Patch 3
Please sign in to leave a comment.