- Migration Changes on Extension
- Distance Unit
- Part Tag
- New metadata for uploaded extensions
- Updates to PropsScheme
- Tags Legend
- Custom Shape View Clip
- Additional Information
- Webinar Recording
Migration Changes on Extension
Please check with your developers if they have done the migration changes on the extensions before you start testing.
Developers have moved the classes and object out of Abstract Office and moved down to cm/abstract/, cm/abstract/materials (new), or cm/abstract/part/ to reduce the number of packages that have dependency on Abstract Office for only a few classes.
- DWG export
- Item Tag Info
- Snapper Spread (Chair Placer)
In your office extension, run a smoke test on the affected areas mentioned above.
Abstract Office Bug Fixes
Developers had fixed an issue with worksurfaces snapping to panels and cause inconsistent snapping behavior. Typically happened in cases where the mouse is pointing to one snapper, but snapping to another.
- Another bug which causes snapper junction to not able to undo properly after junction type changed is also been fixed.
- Using your office extension, try snapping worksurface to the panels in the drawing. Ensure that the worksurface snaps to the correct position.
- Connect 2 panels in parallel. Pick another panel and connect to form a 90-degree junction. Upon inserting immediately go into stretching animation. Undo the insert of the 3rd panel. Ensure that the junction is reverted to the correct junction.
Developers added new parameters to the ‘PaperSelectionPanel’ class and uses new class of ‘PaperUITreeView’, which allows ‘Multiple’ paper selection as opposed to ‘Single’ in CET 11.0.
Paper selected is denoted by the 4 triangles on each paper corners.
Prepare more than 5 papers.
- Hold on ‘Ctrl’ on your keyboard and attempt to select multiple papers regardless of sequence.
- Hold on ‘Shift’ and click on the last paper, it should select all the available papers.
- With multiple or all papers selected, check if the following function works:
- Copy selected paper.
- Change paper orientation.
Developer have done code changes to the Stretch function as shown below:
- Broke out parts of superStretch() into smaller methods
- Changed superStretch() to stretch()
- Take a snapper which has super stretch functionality. Check that the super stretch function still works.
- Check that it should not affect the stretch functionality of your snapper as well.
- Load old drawing containing snapper with super stretch and stretch functionality. Check that it is still working properly.
Snapper Candidate Finding
In CET 11.5, developers made changes to the ‘SnapperCandidateSnapAlternative’ class which improves the sorting of the alternatives in the backend. Thus, snapper candidate finding is more accurate and consistent to the mouse pointer.
Using your office extension, run a smoke test on the tools that has animations to determine what to select to when using it. For example, splitting individual panels, changing individual trim pieces, etc.
Two distance unit, "Feet and inches and decimals" and "inches and decimals" distance units are being removed.
Preferences/styles will be replaced by "Feet and inches" and "Inches" respectively.
- If you are using the mentioned distance unit in your drawing, load the drawing in CET.
- Check that it has changed to "Feet and inches" and "Inches" respectively.
Developers have made changes to the categories in part tagging to allow for PartTag and PartTagCategory to be locked down to prevent deletion. This has been currently done for the "Reconfiguration" part tag category and it's part tags, as well as the "TAG1", "TAG2", and "TAG3" part tag categories (their actual part tags remain deletable, making the part tag category "non-deletable" does not automatically make it's part tags "non-deletable").
- Try to delete your predefined part tag category. The ones that are defined as "non-deletable" should not be removed by this action.
- Do the same for it's part tag. You should not be able to delete that as well (if also made to be "non-deletable").
New metadata for uploaded extensions
The latest updates in CET 11.5 onwards carry more information to the user. Each update would now be categorized by update type/severity. A link to the release note would also be added depending on the developer’s decision during the upload.
Only the developers can define the category or severity when uploading the built extensions in Build Central. It can also be edited on MyConfigura before and after publishing extensions to a version. When there are no categories assigned, it will default to show as 'minor update/fixes' category.
Each uploaded extension can be categorized as either of the following:
- Minor Content Updates
- Major Content Updates
- Minor New Features
- Major New Features
- Minor Fixes
- Major Fixes
- Critical Fixes
- While downloading updates in CET 11.5, click on ‘Show’ beside the progress bar, ensure there are categories set for each update, also make sure the release note link works. It should not cause a crash in CET.
Check with your developer on which categories were set for which updates.
- Make sure CET 11.5 can be successfully updated with no errors.
These categories mainly serve as information for the user. However, if any of the updates are marked as ‘Critical Bug Fix’, it will be prioritized, and user will not be able to delay updating it.
Postpone CET Update Installations
Installation of CET updates can now be delayed. Accessible through ‘Control Panel > Updates & Network’, installation of updates will only start after it reaches the specified day and time.
- Set a preferred day and time, check if updates are still installed within CET. Make sure no past days will be chosen.
For example, if today is ‘Tuesday’, configured ‘Monday’ as the preferred day should check for the coming Monday.
- Ensure clicking on ‘Show updates’ will show the preferred day and time set for the coming updates in the dialog.
Updates to PropsScheme
Coming from 11.0, there are some code refactoring as well as new classes implemented. These code changes bring new features to the existing Scheme in 11.5, which now supports new ‘Scheme Preview’ and ‘Selection Query’ for better and ease of application to your extension snappers.
For those that are still using “Props Scheme” you are required to migrate to the new schemes however if you are using the “Core Schemes” you can still use the your current schemes however you would not get access to the latest revamp schemes. To ensure a streamline usage of Schemes, we recommend testing instructions of:
- Check and ensure that old drawings created in the previous versions is working correctly in the current version of CET.
- Check and ensure that the options shown in the previous version of the manufacturer’s schemes is showing correctly in the latest version and can apply the options correctly.
The Scheme Painter is a new tool accessible through (Tools > Scheme Painter) allows users to make selection of any snappers, picking up their scheme options, then spreading them to the other snappers in the drawing.
For example, selecting a few source workstations in office room 1, then inheriting its scheme options, and apply selectively to the targeted workstations in different office rooms.
- Using your office extension, select a few workstations and make sure it is reflected in the Scheme Painter listing. Ensure the part descriptions are shown correctly.
- If there are 2 or more same parts but carries different scheme properties, it should show as a conflict. Click to choose either one then resolves the conflict. ‘Next’ button should be enabled when all conflicts are resolved.
- Clicking on Next, brings you to the 2nd tab, ‘Choose schemes and apply’, select a few target workstations and try applying the source scheme properties to it. The targeted workstations should inherit the scheme properties from the source workstations selected in Step (1).
- Attempt Step (1-3) using ‘Blocked’ and ‘Frozen’ workstations, make sure it works according to the checkboxes on the bottom right corner.
- Make sure the Selection Criteria works just like in the Scheme dialog.
For more information, you may refer to this support article for detailed explanation and scenarios.
There is an addition of ‘Selection Query’ in the Advanced Selection Tool, allows to define a query of a combination of conditions, to determine the selection in the drawing.
- Each condition consists of a parameter, operator, and value
- The possible choices for operator and value (i.e. the domains) is specific to the parameter
- Multiple conditions are combined using logical (i.e AND, OR) operators
- Construct and run a query ensuring appropriate symbols are selected in the drawing area in the aspect of: Category, Part Tag, Part Number, etc.
- Apply scheme changes to following selection, ensure that it is successfully applied to the selected only.
- Make sure query constructed earlier is shown and can be retrieved in 'Recent queries'.
Adding the Properties
All Quick Properties in the Tags Legend have been successfully migrated to G2. It gives a new look, more properties, and more text style.
- Place tags legend in paper view. Switch Tags category to your customized category.
- Check that the properties applies correctly to the Tags legend.
Alternative Spaces are now supported in Tags Legend. This property can be used to filter used/unused tags depending on the current alternative space that the legend is referring to.
- Create alternatives in your drawing and tag some symbols with your customized category.
- In paperview place tag legend.
GTextBox Line Break
Previously, it was not possible to break long lines of text in the column which has led to the column only showing part of the text that is available.
A new method is added to help break the lines. Tags Legend can now show all the available text, and the text will be adjusted automatically when the column is resized.
- Make sure you have long tag name in part tagging.
- In paperview place Tags legend.
- Check that if tag name is long, it will go to new line.
- Text will adjust itself if column size is adjusted.
Custom Data Columns
Additional column can now be added to the legend. To do so, some methods need to be overridden in PartTagCategory. Do check this with your developer.
- In your CET, add tags legend to paperview. Check that new custom column is available.
- Check that changing the animation properties will affect the custom column as well.
Custom Shape View Clip
To do so:
- Draw a 2D viewclip in paperview.
- Change the shape to "Custom" in the Quick properties.
- Use the "Add Point" or "Switch Straight/Curved" button to configure the view clip to desired shape.
You can access to the recording of the webinar via the link below.
11.5 Migration Testing Webinar