Find and replace is now available in a dialog. Which can be open from the edit menu or using shortcut key, Find (Ctrl-F) and replace (Ctrl-H). Both tab can be toggle between the same dialog box on Top Left corner.
eg.1: where to find 'Find and Replace'On top section of dialog box, there are column to insert keyword, and button for 'Find next' and Find All.
- Find next will show a result at a time
- Find all will show all available results
Selecting the search result in the bottom section will lead to the specific location of the search result (highlighted in yellow)
eg.2: Find Next and Find All search process.
For Replace, There are 2 section to insert keyword. Top section is for 'existing' keyword while bottom section is to change keyword. Next to bottom keyword section, there are 'Replace' and 'Replace All' button.
eg. 3: Replace and Replace All functionality.
- Replace will replace a result at a time
- Replace all will replace all available results
Up to 5 find or replace histories can be stored by clicking the arrow key next to keyword section.
eg. 4: Drop down find or replace histories.
There are several variables that can be controlled for the search result.
- When “Search backward direction” option is checked, “Find Next” will search backward
- When “Enable Regular Expression Search” option is checked, “Match case” is checked automatically and you are able to search Regular Expressions characters e.g \w, \d, [a-z]
eg. 5: Search backward direction and Regular Expressions example.
- When “Match case” option is checked, it will search for match cases only
- When “Search from current position” is checked, it will start searching from current position (selected cell in spreadsheet)
eg. 6: Match case and Search from current position example.
- Searching “By row” will search in row order and “By column” will search in column order, "By Selection" will search in selected column or row
eg. 7: By row and By column example.
Checking Sources will produce results accordingly. Unchecked all source will not show any results
eg. 8: Sources variable examples.
*Closing creator window will removed ‘Find or Replaced’ histories.