This area will display detailed descriptions of issues found by validations. Selecting validations in the Tasks area will display their results here. Issues are qualified by a severity:
- Information : The issue may not be an error at all, and will not hinder the function of the project. However, it may represent an undesired behavior.
- Warning: The issue may not keep the project from functioning properly, but is likely an error in need of resolution.
- Error: The issue will prevent the project from functioning properly, if at all.
Expand the affected list to see what went wrong, use the Copy Issue(s) Text to Clipboard to view all violations.
Apart from the severity, the result will also show a detail description of the issue that was encountered, and in cases where it is appropriate, a list of the affected project elements. The result will also provide a number of possible solutions to the issue. Note that these solutions are only provided to prevent the issue from occurring, they may not provide a solution that represents the intentions of the project.
The Navigate to Issue button is useful to point the user to the affected card in Catalogue Creator. For Mesh data task that shows the full model path in the affected list, the button will load the model in the Model Lab instead.
Three tasks (Feature references, Product References, and Mesh Data-Missing Normal) allow for an automatic resolution. Should this be the case, the Automatically Resolve button will be enabled and will perform the following:
- Unreferenced features: Remove features that are not in use in the project.
- Unreferenced products: Remove products that are not in use in the Product Catalogues card’s Table of Contents, this includes the child products as well.
- Mesh data – Missing normal: Resave affected models in model lab.
Expand affected list, select one of the violated models and click Navigate to Issue to load the file in Model Lab.
Use the Copy Issue(s) Text to Clipboard to copy all text from the Results window and paste it to an editor to see the full affected list.